Emerson

iniestaGOAT

Exactly.

RB and LB are probably the most deficient positions in the world football over the last few years.

And it's not like we've not tried to improve those positions, at least RB (we could probably do more to get a better competition for Alba instead of settling for his backups but as explained in my previous post challenging Alba over the last few years would be incredible hard for just about everyone for multiple reasons).

But once a bar is set as high as it's here after Alves every newcomer will be considered as disappointment (and as much hate as Alba is getting sometimes these days I think it could easily happen the same in 4-5 years when people will start to compare our LBs at that time to him).

Now imagine a scenario where we'd have the same kind of success with Pep but we would have someone like Belletti (a good but not great player) as a RB in that team so he could be considered a weak link in the eleven full of world class players (which is more an excpetion than the rule). Fans would have different opinions now about Roberto, Semedo or Dest.

We should stop living in the past. What happened was great but it won't repeat. Football has changed a lot over the last decade. Most top teams have adapted but we didn't. Still trying to do the same things hoping for a different outcome. Sure, Bartomeu did a lot of bad but it's overall philosophy and mentality of this club and fan base that is holding us back. We've always been our own worst enemy and some things never change.

TAA who barely got selected for his national team as a RB is the only Wolrd Class RB in the world?

Bruh what are you smoking? Kimmich a wolrd class RB? Stop it.

Porque

Araujo-Emerson is on paper a powerhouse right side of the defence.

I think Dest can get good minutes in an attacking role and clean up his offensive game. Worked wonders for Alves when Ramos was breaking through.

Messi983

Araujo-Emerson is on paper a powerhouse right side of the defence.

I think Dest can get good minutes in an attacking role and clean up his offensive game. Worked wonders for Alves when Ramos was breaking through.

Something like this:

MATS
Emerson-Araujo-Garcia-Alba
Pedri-FDJ
Dest-Messi-Dembele
Griez/Aguero

???

Porque

Something like this:

MATS
Pedri-FDJ
Dest-Messi-Dembele
Griez/Aguero

???

MATS
Dest-Pedri-Busquets-FDJ
-Messi-Aguero-

15444555516746.jpg

Porque

But seriously, he can be very versatile. I'm not expecting a 352 next year and Koeman being forced to use a 433.

So he can be rotation and sub in these options

-Both FBs
Dest-Messi-Depay
Messi-Aguero-Dest

I don't expect Trincao to be here.

It is different attacking when you have no cover to knowing you have cover.

That is until you reach the Alves mentality of attacking as if you have cover while having full confidence in being able to get back and defend as if you have no cover.

Andresito

Staff member
Let's hope he has a breakthrough during the NT break. Danilo has had a pretty good season with Juve so Tite for sure won't rely too much on Emerson.

There are games every 4-5 days now with qualifiers and Copa America, so he should get some minutes.

Messi983

True. He has some flashy skills, but all in all he was very underwhelming when he played as a wingback and had more freedom going forward. The outcome was very slim for a player whose forte is going forward.

True. But OTOH I think he was often also very isolated (like it happened with most of our RBs when Messi was supposed to be RW on paper but has moved inside)

There were often periods in games when Messi, Pedri, FDJ and Griezmann were all on the left alongside Alba.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
1. dest confirmed to be mediocre
2. people will always make that comparison because alves was our best RB ever and they wrongly think dani's initial clumsiness in sevilla is the same with what we've seen from dest/semedo when they've started here

1. Dest I believe has proven to be average so far. Very inconsistent. Had some very good games and quite a lot of average or bad ones. But that was expected when they signed a rookie from Ajax. They signed him for his potential, not to start right away. As long as Dest is patient and willing to learn he can become a top RB for us, or he might not but to me it's way too early to make that call.

2. People need to temper their expectations. Natural or not, Dani Alves was a special player and it makes no sense to compare Dani Alves being signed in his prime to a 19 year old anyway. Not that Dest will ever be Alves.

malvolio

1. Dest I believe has proven to be average so far. Very inconsistent. Had some very good games and quite a lot of average or bad ones. But that was expected when they signed a rookie from Ajax. They signed him for his potential, not to start right away. As long as Dest is patient and willing to learn he can become a top RB for us, or he might not but to me it's way too early to make that call.

for me its already settled. not my fault the hype train was transforming into a TGV way too early.

2. People need to temper their expectations. Natural or not, Dani Alves was a special player and it makes no sense to compare Dani Alves being signed in his prime to a 19 year old anyway. Not that Dest will ever be Alves.

correct!

Pepe Silvia

I have high hopes for Dest and I've pulled back expectations a bit to allow for his development. Also there was the announcement he was playing through a bit of discomfort, which can impact his game. He started off a shining star, hope he picks up the defensive aspect of his game.

Is Emerson the goods? We could use more back up and competition for Alba on the left than the right.

Home of Barca Fans