Do you think the 4 year gap between World Cups should be decreased?

Do you think the 4 year gap between World Cups should be decreased?

• Yes

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 41 87.2%

• Total voters

barca96

i remember edgar davids saying that he wanted it every year :lol:
he said it in 1999 i think. that guy is crazy. such an energetic guy

Barcafan 2304

Players, coaches, managers etc are already complaining of 'tiredness' and to much of a hectic schedule. It simply wont happen.

nebeer

Love is All
Yeah, I guess Argentina's exit made me realize that I had to wait fooooooooouur years for the world cup, so it made me a little biased.

TheMessiShow

four years is a long time but 4 years is necessary. The qualifiers, take up a long time and its just added pressure onto our players who have already been complaining about congested schedules. If we did the world cup more often then the quality of it would go down.

I think the World Cup wouldn't be such a gold mine financially if it were to be held more often either.

Anyways 4 years seems like the perfect cycle for international sports

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
No, time and the gap is the ideal... and remember each two years after the WC, european teams have the European Championship... so, two years between each competition is enought...

Forrest Gump

The ice hockey world cup is taking place every year i guess. It's nonsense, there's nothing special about winning or losing a world cup match, if you can do better or worse only one year later. Furthermore it's difficult to find hosts for such an event.

dalitis8

Banned
I think that everything is alright as it is....but would you prefer to scrap the Euros and Copa America...so that we would have a World Cup every 2 years?

Forrest Gump

Not an option for me. These continental championships fill in the blank between the world cups. There are not so important but still give the national teams a chance to present themselves.

AdnanMessi

I am not a crook
Raises the stakes for players and fans, if it was Annual then theres always next year, but with WC, they play with all they have

E

El Rey

It would lose it's value if the gap between each one was decreased.

koko

no way it would completely lose its romance if it was more regular part of the reason that makes it special is that we wait so long for it

Home of Barca Fans