Didier Drogba

Maria

I think that's his swan song, I can't really see him having any more desire to win.

Exactly..he would be like Henry after the 2009 CL final. I don't want him anymore, but I have a strange feeling that Rosell does. We will have to wait and see.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Exactly..he would be like Henry after the 2009 CL final. I don't want him anymore, but I have a strange feeling that Rosell does. We will have to wait and see.

he would be like Henry? how have you come to that conclusion? 2 completely different players.

Robbie

he would be like Henry? how have you come to that conclusion? 2 completely different players.

World class player in his mid-30's, fighting with everything he has to win the last trophy he hasn't won yet. Does his body finally give out after winning it?

It happened with Henry.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
what a fucking Titan this man is.

funny how the two best big game strikers of the last 10 years are African, yet people are always sleepin' on African football.

World class player in his mid-30's, fighting with everything he has to win the last trophy he hasn't won yet. Does his body finally give out after winning it?

It happened with Henry.

90% chance this will happen. he was making noises about getting paid on his next deal even BEFORE he won this. now he has nothing left to prove you can be sure his effort level will drop off. he'll go to China or Qatar and get paid obscene amounts of money, and hey fair fucks to the man he's certainly earned it.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
what a fucking Titan this man is.

funny how the two best big game strikers of the last 10 years are African, yet people are always sleepin' on African football.
tbh, as much of a beast he is, Drogbbbbbaaaa hasn't been as good as Eto'o in the big matches.

But I'm not too sure either.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Majority of his big goals are scored in the domestic competitions, great boost he got there regarding the ratio... And then Eto'o's BIG game reputation is really boosted by his 2 goals in 3 finals I guess.

As I said, I wasn't sure, coz I remember Drogba not being the beast that he generally is, in the CL... But then, the man has won every fuckin' thing at club level, except for the CWC(Eto'o's upper hand there :troll:) He even has a goal in CL final along with other cup finals now. I think the doubts, if there were any, are all shattered to pieces :worthy:

zanela

Not his very best, but some of his hold up play was sharp, and what a magnificient header. :wub:

I'd welcome his signing. He still has CWC and a back-back CL to win. That should keep him motivated. ;)

But yeh, chances of him coming here is slim. Good luck to him wherever he goes though.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
scoring in a few fa cup finals for chelsea, dont mean as much as goals in the cl finals,acn,and olympics

Drogba does choke in the CAN, no doubt, but he's played in 2 CL Finals and scored in 1 (Samu has played in 3 and scored in 2). he's never had the chance to play in the Olympics so dunno what he'd do there.

anyway that table measures them vs. the same opponents and Drogba simply has a better record.

I'm not knocking Samu, he's a beast, but one shouldn't sleep on the Big Man either.

Home of Barca Fans