Daniel Alves

beef-supreme

If he is gonna leave, I'll be hoping for a decent fee, and that the Barca board have got a replacement lined up.
Wherever he goes, as long as it's not Madrid (or Espanyol), he will always be well-regarded by cules imo. That's because he has always been extremely committed, extremely energetic, and extremely successful. On top of that he became an integral figure in the dressing room, we will always remember his crazy celebrations after games, after winning trophies, after scoring goals - and his wonderful personality. Absolute top signing, worth every penny.

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
Yeah but he's won everything with Barca. Perhaps he wants to go out and see the world a bit. Experience playing in another league. Maybe he's not motivated, maybe he wants a challenge. He's not gonna be like the Canteranos or even Pinto, in that he's an integral part of the team but Barca's a stopover, not a destination.
He cannot be considered 'stupid' if he does have intentions to leave.

No, I strongly disagree. There can be no greater challenge nor honour than playing in the current Barca setup. Anything else is a serious downgrade that Alves may choose only for financial reasons. But even that situation is purely incomprehensible to me,since the trade-off between some millions(for one already millionaire) and playing for the best team in the world is a no-brainer.

I'm starting to think he'll leave in the summer.

He will stay.

beef-supreme

No, I strongly disagree. There can be no greater challenge nor honour than playing in the current Barca setup. Anything else is a serious downgrade that Alves may choose only for financial reasons. But even that situation is purely incomprehensible to me,since the trade-off between some millions(for one already millionaire) and playing for the best team in the world is a no-brainer.

It's not about the money.
Your statement is extremely subjective and biased. It is easy for a barca fan to say that. But there are only two kinds of people who could unconditionally agree with what you have said:
1. Barca fans
2. Masia products (and to this you can add veteran buys who play big back-room roles)

Dani Alves was not a Barca fan, it was not a dream of his to go to Barca. He played well, won a move to Barca. He would have gone to Madrid just as well as he came here. He won every conceivable trophy with the club. There is nothing more that he could want. He has lived in Spain since he was very young, and it would be completely normal for him to think it's time to move on. His pace and stamina isn't gonna last forever; he's not old, but moving to another top club would probably be his last league and european competition winning prime opportunity. Afterwards he'll be heading towards retirement -so downgrading clubs, going to exotic places...

There is no 'honour' here, nor is it a 'downgrade' to move to somewhere like ManU. No, far from it. It is a new challenge, but in no way a 'downgrade' - take off your blaugrana tinted glasses.
There comes a time when everyone wants to try something new. He's not a masia product, so i don't see why he should stay much longer than how long it takes to win all possible trophies.

N

Neji1o

I do agree he was not a Barca fan when he was at Sevilla, he came here for money. But after these three years i strongly believe he really want to continue his game here. Recently he also gave comment on it too. I think its mainly because he loves playing here, he is enjoying here and he is getting paid well. Due to all this factor i believe he will stay. He was one of the main part in the transformation of this team. Messi and Alves combination is something special. I hope he will stay here for 2 or 3 years.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Your statement is extremely subjective and biased. It is easy for a barca fan to say that. But there are only two kinds of people who could unconditionally agree with what you have said:
1. Barca fans
2. Masia products (and to this you can add veteran buys who play big back-room roles)

Dani Alves was not a Barca fan, it was not a dream of his to go to Barca. He played well, won a move to Barca. He would have gone to Madrid just as well as he came here. He won every conceivable trophy with the club. There is nothing more that he could want. He has lived in Spain since he was very young, and it would be completely normal for him to think it's time to move on. His pace and stamina isn't gonna last forever; he's not old, but moving to another top club would probably be his last league and european competition winning prime opportunity. Afterwards he'll be heading towards retirement -so downgrading clubs, going to exotic places...

There is no 'honour' here, nor is it a 'downgrade' to move to somewhere like ManU. No, far from it. It is a new challenge, but in no way a 'downgrade' - take off your blaugrana tinted glasses.
There comes a time when everyone wants to try something new. He's not a masia product, so i don't see why he should stay much longer than how long it takes to win all possible trophies.

+100000

Just because someone is considering their options doesn't mean they want to leave for money. He's won everything and sometimes people just want new environments. He might want to play in a different league or under another manager.

He has been great for us and pretty much every team would love to have him. In 3 years time he might not have that opportunity to play for Chelsea or ManU or Milan. This is a chance for do that which is why he's delaying signing the contract.

F

Flavia

+100000

Just because someone is considering their options doesn't mean they want to leave for money. He's won everything and sometimes people just want new environments. He might want to play in a different league or under another manager.

He has been great for us and pretty much every team would love to have him. In 3 years time he might not have that opportunity to play for Chelsea or ManU or Milan. This is a chance for do that which is why he's delaying signing the contract.

Or his wife wants more money...

Armando929

I think he'll stay. What other team can he go to that will allow him to play the type of football he likes to play?

I mean he could always want to try another league and all but I don't think he'll be treated any better than he is here.

He fits well in the system and doesn't have to fight for a place and he's with a winning club that has a team of players with winning attitude unlike Man City where there is nothing but a bunch of ego maniacs.

MagIX

1. Barca fans

This Barca is considered one of the best team ever or even the best team ever.
Alves has the chance to write soccer history, one of the best (if not the best) page of the soccer history, it's an incredible fortune and opportunity that is priceless: it 's an exception that happens very rarely, it is a dream of every player.
This thing goes beyond money, new challenges, .......
That has nothing to do with being a barca fan.

MinaFCB

I would give myself an 11 out of 10 for this season-said Mourinho
Alves said :I would give Barca 12 for being over Mourinho:)

He also said that he would like to continue playing for Barca but he doesn't want to give anything to anyone for free.

he is getting on my nerves with such behavior..Ungrateful.

Last edited:

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Ungrateful? For what? It's not as if we developed him. He's always given 110% to the team. Some players are motivated by money and you can't blame them for that. If the pay rise he's demanding is reasonable then I think he deserves it. If it's unreasonable, we should sell him but I will never have any hard feelings against him.

W

woobie

Agreed that if he wants a new and different challenge, that's a valid reason to leave. But his recent statements indicate he wants more money. If what I have read is accurate, then I'd thank him for his services and pick up a fat transfer fee. It's just not cool for a player to hold a club for ransom over increased wages.

Home of Barca Fans