Cr150

BarcaOG

Banned
you're branded a hater for wanting the captain to run more than 5km in these games. or even act like a captain instead of sitting outside the changing room

fact is ronaldo had more determination and ran his ass off while elevating the team. particularly more than messi did at the same age. it came with merit in the end for the former, embarrassment and trying to leave a sinking ship for the latter

yeah, god forbid the player your club paid half a BILLION euros to, the player you constantly call the BEST in the world, and the BEST of ALL TIME

...you know...

prove that by making decisive contributions in important CL KO matches

the audacity to demand such a thing! cause we all know maradona earned his reputation by scoring against mid table clubs right :lol:

KingLeo10

messi only ever delivered decisive results when he was younger and had a strong team.

ronaldo obviously too had his best years with a strong team but he has shown time and time again that he can be decisive in the CL KOs

while messi

cant

roma, anfield, bayern, paris at home CR juve 3-0 at home

messi walking around

keep trying

:lol: Every sane person here knows even the best players need strong teams to win CLs. But here you are with "CR7 has been decisive in CL KOs TIME AND TIME again" when he's literally gotten bounced by Lyon and Porto and scored 1 goal in 400 odd minutes.

That second part is the issue but as always you use the same 3-4 lines and cartwheel for other players while denigrating those of ours over the exact same faults.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
you're branded a hater for wanting the captain to run more than 5km in these games. or even act like a captain instead of sitting outside the changing room

fact is ronaldo had more determination and ran his ass off while elevating the team. particularly more than messi did at the same age. it came with merit in the end for the former, embarrassment and trying to leave a sinking ship for the latter

Oh yes. Having one more CL title and less league titles is definitely merit for one and embarrassment for the other.

Let's all ignore these CL results.

Some of you are shameless :lol:

BarcaOG

Banned
Yeah and you were crying for help last time and got banned :lol: :lol:

that's fine. i was out of line by insulting people personally rather than critiquing their views on football. that does not justify or make it ok that KingLeo and his pals also insulted me and harassed me across different threads. i had a private conversation with Barcaman about this so its all fine with me now that i know the rules will be applied evenly to all members. i.e. you here attacking me personally here

KingLeo10

that's fine. i was out of line by insulting people personally rather than critiquing their views on football. that does not justify or make it ok that KingLeo and his pals also insulted me and harassed me across different threads. i had a private conversation with Barcaman about this so its all fine with me now that i know the rules will be applied evenly to all members. i.e. you here attacking me personally here

I'm not running a mafia here, dawg. Relax.

:valverde:

DonAK

There's many layers to why certain things have gone wrong for Barca and Messi the last few years and why it's going wrong for Juve and CR right now.

But having a discussion around that is too sensible. We love our dumbass comments and memes from people who post like they're teens.

BarcaOG

Banned
:lol: Every sane person here knows even the best players need strong teams to win CLs. But here you are with "CR7 has been decisive in CL KOs TIME AND TIME again" when he's literally gotten bounced by Lyon and Porto and scored 1 goal in 400 odd minutes.

That second part is the issue but as always you use the same 3-4 lines and cartwheel for other players while denigrating those of ours over the exact same faults.

and how many goals did messi score against atleti in successive knockouts mid 2010s?
how many against liverpool? 2--that was a great performance. except its a two legged affair and leo just cried and capitulated in the second, throwing his great work from leg one away
how many against roma in the same scenario?
how many against bayern?
against psg? a penalty

meh

BarcaOG

Banned
I'm not running a mafia here, dawg. Relax.

:valverde:

well, that is certainly what it feels like. so what if i respect wolfe and like his posts? you and your friends keep on attacking me over that as if one cant agree with people just because they support different teams

Vilarrubi

I find it strange that after Ronaldo just got knocked out by Porto (fucking Porto) that you all of a sudden go on the defensive and start listing his past feats (which was now over 3 years ago) after he’s gone out to Ajax and Lyon too including 2 Round of 16s. Just really odd for a Barca fan....

DonAK

I don't understand the reactions here lol.

CR was a rival for many years. For both Barca and for Messi.

Do people think Real Madrid and Juve fans don't laugh at Messi when Barca get eliminated? Why are some people getting so defensive and triggered about some CR trash talk in a FC Barcelona forum?

At the end of the day it's mostly just fun.

BarcaOG

Banned
I find it strange that after Ronaldo just got knocked out by Porto (fucking Porto) that you all of a sudden go on the defensive and start listing his past feats (which was now over 3 years ago) after he’s gone out to Ajax and Lyon too including 2 Round of 16s. Just really odd for a Barca fan....

did CR do for juve what they bought him to do?

not at all. going out like they have is exactly the opposite of what CR was supposed to achieve--getting them 'over the line'.

my original point was: would i rather barca be eliminated by similarly narrow/tight/respectable margins instead of getting hammered 3+ goals every year and having every other big club laugh at us and wish they are paired up with us so they can stat pad? absolutely. no doubt about it

DonAK

Anyway. It's been a fun couple of days. Some optimism or things to look forward to with a new board. We'll see how everything turns out. Out before the inevitable chaos that'll ensue tomorrow. See y'all in a couple of months lol.

CatalinR10

also you have no answers to:
1 more CL than Messi, more CL goals than messi, BY FAR more CL KO goals than messi

pls try to wave that away :lol:

CR goals with a world class team crossing and passing every ball to him in the box and having best midfield in the world in CL :

2017/18: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) 15

2016/17: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) 12

2015/16: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) 16

200.gif

Allmighty CR who won all these CL on his own for RM went to Juventus for a new challenge to bring glory to them , taking all the newslines how his body is of a 23 year old , that he'll break all the records for Juventus managing to do :

CL :

2018/19 : Cristiano Ronaldo 6

2019/20 : Cristiano Ronaldo 4

2020/21 : Cristiano Ronaldo 4

He's managed to score less goals in 3 CL editions then in his last with RM . Got thrown out by Ajax , Lyon , Porto.

tenor.gif

Gets outscored in Italy in his first season by Quagliarella , Zapata , Piatek , ending on 4th spot ( fucking LMAO ).

Gets outscored in Italy in his second season by Immobile.

tenor.gif

BarcaOG

Banned
ive also NEVER claimed that 1) CR is the best in the world (certainly wasnt during his prime which coincided with messis prime) 2) that CR is the GOAT or that 3) CR is the best player of 2021 (which many of you claim messi is).
for that reason i dont expect CR to win the CL or score or anything. hes old and thats that. he has a tremendous history of bein decisive in the CL, a history that is superior to messi's, but thats in the past.

on the other hand, many of you claim that 1) messi is the best in the world RIGHT NOW in 2021 and 2) that messi is the GOAT

such labels come with certain STANDARDS: i.e. ways of judging whether these claims are true. my ENTIRE point on the messi discussion HERE and in the messi thread is that if you are going to hold messi to those VERY high and DEMANDING standards, then they should reflect his performances in: 1) the CL, the ELITE competition, and 2) in decisive matches in Spain against a) Atleti and b) Real. since his very good performance against liverpool at home in 2019 messi has simply NOT demonstrated that.

hence the grandiose claims about him being BEST in the world. seem to me absurd and idealistic. you cant have your cake and eat it too: either he IS the best and SHOWS IT or he ISNT and we can relax our expectations of him--which i am happy to do because he plays in a WEAK team and is now OLD, past his prime

Home of Barca Fans