Cr150

khaled_a_d

Cristiano is easily the biggest disappointment in Juve's history and it's not close (relatively to the expectations).

He gets paid ?31m per season (by far the highest salary in Serie A) & was supposed to push them over the line in UCL.

But Juve haven't got past Round of 16 in past two seasons.

Welcome back, man

Vilarrubi

did CR do for juve what they bought him to do?

not at all. going out like they have is exactly the opposite of what CR was supposed to achieve--getting them 'over the line'.

my original point was: would i rather barca be eliminated by similarly narrow/tight/respectable margins instead of getting hammered 3+ goals every year and having every other big club laugh at us and wish they are paired up with us so they can stat pad? absolutely. no doubt about it

Fair enough, just the way you go about it is odd.

Like Donak said above, Ronaldo/Madrid was rival for years so the default position of a Barca fan is to side with Messi/Barca and poke fun at Ronaldo if he get eliminated, as we do with Madrid. Some still take the rivalry to the extreme but most are just casually trolling (as with a lot of things on forums). So when you see posters like you bending over backwards defending him or Madrid or anything which typically a Barca fan wouldn’t it’s pretty odd and that’s why I called you out on it, most of those sort of members turn out to be trolls and eventually banned.

Realistically Ronaldo and Messi need a great team around them to win CLs. You conveniently forgot about his first 4/5 years at Madrid, coming off winning a Balon D’or the year before.... didn’t do anything of note in CL until the great team around him was formed. Also Man United reaches 3 finals in 5 years, one afterwards without him. Shows how good of a team they were.

BarcaOG

Banned
I think you take some of these things too seriously man [MENTION=1742]BarcaOG[/MENTION]

not really, but whenever i dissent from the messi-cult here and raise points about what we should expect from our top players i get jumped on by like 10 ppl who think messi can be the best ever if he scores against cadiz but watches while PSG put 4 past us in the camp nou.

so thats frustrating

KingLeo10

ive also NEVER claimed that 1) CR is the best in the world (certainly wasnt during his prime which coincided with messis prime) 2) that CR is the GOAT or that 3) CR is the best player of 2021 (which many of you claim messi is).
for that reason i dont expect him to win the CL or score or anything. hes old and thats that. he has a tremendous history of bein decisive in the CL, a history that is superior to messi's, but thats in the past.

on the other hand, many of you claim that 1) messi is the best in the world RIGHT NOW in 2021 and 2) that messi is the GOAT

such labels come with certain STANDARDS: i.e. ways of judging whether these claims are true. my ENTIRE point on the messi discussion HERE and in the messi thread is that if you are going to hold messi to those VERY high and DEMANDING standards, then they should reflect his performances in: 1) the CL, the ELITE competition, and 2) in decisive matches in Spain against a) Atleti and b) Real. since his very good performance against liverpool at home in 2019 messi has simply NOT demonstrated that.

hence the grandiose claims about him being BEST in the world. seem to me absurd and idealistic. you cant have your cake and eat it too: either he IS the best and SHOWS IT or he ISNT and we can relax our expectations of him--which i am happy to do because he plays in a WEAK team and is now OLD, past his prime

I also think you're holding unrealistic standards for what a GOAT tier player is in football (being decisive all the time)...because I think you're using basketball or other sports standards where one player can have a lot of influence on the outcome.

Football players also don't age well because they the legs are usually the first thing to go and football is about core strength and leg strength.

All of football's GOAT tier players have holes in their resume.

Messi - 10 league titles v RM, 4 CL, 700+ goals, 300+ assists, WC final but no national trophy
Pele - 3 WCs but mostly scored v no namers in Brazil (granted it was a strong league at the time but not modern CL)
Maradona - Huge peak in WC 86, impressive titles with Napoli but otherwise did nothing in Europe
R9 - Dominant WCs but no CL
CR7 - 5 CL, 3 PL, 2 LL, 1 Euro, 700+ goals but inferior H2H v Messi and Barca
DiStefano - 5 CL, nothing nationally
Cruyff - 3 CL, WC final but no national trophy

All have their holes in CV. You won't find a Jordan in football. It's too hard in a 11v11 game.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Some nice vintage dolphin moves. Also liked his quick reaction when he vehemently asked for the red card after Taremi kicked the ball away.

Bitch.

BarcaOG

Banned
Feel like BarcaOG is a few posts away from using his "Beta meme Arsenal fan" trump card. :coffee:

no. there is such a thing as a loser mentality out there--Ty from Arsenal TV is a case in point--but i will no longer attribute it to individuals; rather, to their positions on what constitutes 'good' and 'bad' for our club. i.e. enduring yearly humiliations but refusing in principle to criticize the very players who are supposed to prevent that--THAT is not good for our club

Home of Barca Fans