CL Round 5: Barca - Porto 2-1

JamDav1982

Simeone is obviously a better manager than Xavi.

After, Pep, Klopp, and Ancelotti, Simeone is probably the best.

Who from Atletico starting eleven or bench would you have at Barca?

Molina, Griezmann and Morata for me. Cant think of many others.

That list is embarrasing for Barca really for many reasons.

serghei

Who from Atletico starting eleven or bench would you have at Barca?

Molina, Griezmann and Morata for me. Cant think of many others.

That list is embarrasing for Barca really for many reasons.

Hard to compare because the teams are entirely different. I doubt Simeone would take many from Barca at Atletico either.

For example, a player he didn't rate is touted as one of the best at Barcelona, Joao Felix.

He's just a manager with a distinct philosophy compared to many others, and I like him a lot.

JamDav1982

Hard to compare because the teams are entirely different. I doubt Simeone would take many from Barca at Atletico either.

For example, a player he didn't rate is touted as one of the best at Barcelona, Joao Felix.

You now claiming Felix is one of Barcas best players?

Works both ways.. Depay is there... Griezmann is there.. both of whom Barca let go.

You literally said it is impossible for teams who dont spend hundreds of millions every summer to compete in CL when it comes to Barca.

Then call Atletico dark horses when they have spent nowhere near as much on their squad in recent times.

Usual mental gymnastics.

If Atleti do better than Barca in CL it more or less negates all you arguments about spending etc.

serghei

So, as I said, Barca and Atletico are completely different teams. Apples vs oranges really. Atletico for me are a difficult cup team to beat in a knockout tie. In a big game, they can up their level and be a fierce, nasty competitor. Seen it many times in CL.

serghei

If Atleti do better than Barca in CL it more or less negates all you arguments about spending etc.

No, because I think Simeone is a great manager. After all, how many managers can pride themselves with winning 2 league titles in Spain while managing neither of Barca or Real Madrid?

JamDav1982

So, as I said, Barca and Atletico are completely different teams. Apples vs oranges really. Atletico for me are a difficult cup team to beat in a knockout tie. In a big game, they can up their level and be a fierce, nasty competitor. Seen it many times in CL.

Yes and you said 'cant compete in CL' without hhundreds of millions then say Atlet can.

Complete contradiction and saying 'different teams' doesnt make any difference to point made.

Barca have more players that have upped game to point of winning CL and most recent title.

What you are saying make no sense and doesnt negate fact you contradict yourself as per usual.

lucas24

Overall, the team deserves to win the group. Sure, it's an easier group than the tough ones we've had in the last 2 seasons, but still... been the best team in it.

Look at United. They should be easy 2nd in that group vs Galatasaray and Copenhagen and they are now sitting 4th and hanging on by a fine thread.
Galatasaray/Copenhagen is a dream rival in the 1/16. Today the Turks have a key game against United.

JamDav1982

No, because I think Simeone is a great manager. After all, how many managers can pride themselves with winning 2 league titles in Spain while managing neither of Barca or Real Madrid?

So coaches can bridge the gap of spending in CL to point that Simeone can spend far less than Xavi and compete while Xavi and Barca cant....

Yes thats about what thought this awful point was.

serghei

Yes and you said 'cant compete in CL' without hhundreds of millions then say Atlet can.

That's true. Atletico and Barca are not similar teams to be able to take one argument and apply it to the other team with ease.

Arsenal and Arteta would be more comparable with Xavi and Barca if Arsenal wouldn't be one of the biggest spending teams on the planet.

JamDav1982

That's true. Atletico and Barca are not similar teams to be able to take one argument and apply it to the other team with ease.

Arsenal and Arteta would be more comparable with Xavi and Barca if Arsenal would be one of the biggest spending teams on the planet.

Haha what an awful way to try and get out of contradicting yourself.

You are the one who made sweeping statements about ALL teams needing huge money to compete.

Claiming no team can compete without hundreds of millions spent then when caught speaking nonsense use some other 'reason' as why teams spending less than Barca CAN compete as coach is better.

Why can Atleti spend far less than Barca and compete in way Barca cant?

Could Barca compete if had Griezmann and Morata up top?

serghei

Why can Atleti spend far less than Barca and compete in way Barca cant?

Because Atletico have a better manager and a different club culture. Atletico could park the bus, make it a dirty war, and all their fans would be ecstatic if they manage to sneak through by the skin of their teeth.

Barcelona can't play like that when they have a totally different philosophy. That's like asking an opera singer to sing hip hop just from time to time. If you want to sing opera, you have to aspire to be like Pavarotti, not like Eminem.

Eminem is gonna ruin you if you try to match him on his turf.

Home of Barca Fans