Chelsea

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Torres is done, for real. In 10 minutes Ba did more than Torres can muster in full matches. I really hope Ba's knee doesn't get demolished. He's a good striker, no Drogba but he's at least proven in the PL and actually plays like a striker. Looking forward to seeing how he does, good deal for 7m despite his knee worries.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Torres is done, for real. In 10 minutes Ba did more than Torres can muster in full matches. I really hope Ba's knee doesn't get demolished. He's a good striker, no Drogba but he's at least proven in the PL and actually plays like a striker. Looking forward to seeing how he does, good deal for 7m despite his knee worries.

Welcome back :)

F

Flavia

Torres + cash for Falcao, then? I wonder if atletico would want that, though. Maybe if it's a lot of cash... :p

Ursegor

World Champion
Falcao is Real Madrid bound. Basically the only reason why Chelsea had to go for Ba instead of Falcao this transfer window. If Falcao were available they wouldn't have needed to waste € 10m + wages on Ba first before getting Falcao. They would go for Falcao straight away.

DavidVillano1

Been hearing rumours that Suarez could leave Liverpool in the summer in a big money move, could Chelsea be a possible destination?

Jenks

I don't like seeing arrogance among Barca fans, the whole sense of entitlement "we're hated because we're the best, we play the only good style of football" is really grating. At the same time, insinuating that we are successful largely because of cheating is equally ridiculous. Cheating how, you mean diving? Because that's pretty prevalent in the PL as well.

To be fair, I never said it was "largely" because of cheating, only that it has played a part in the past, a more objectionable part (in my opinion) than tactics like bus parking. I don't pretend that Barca are any worse than Chelsea even, only that slamming Chelsea for their football as if it's some sort of abomination to the game is a little bit naive considering all the other things teams (including Barca) get up to.

Banana-Rama

Falcao is Real Madrid bound. Basically the only reason why Chelsea had to go for Ba instead of Falcao this transfer window. If Falcao were available they wouldn't have needed to waste € 10m + wages on Ba first before getting Falcao. They would go for Falcao straight away.

they couldn't get through a whole season with just falcao, they need more then one striker, hence ba, it certainly does not rule out falcao at chelsea.............

89Norcal

I notice everyone comparing him to Drogba, but he's better than Drogba, in the last 2-3 years that is.

Ok I know he didn't score the Champion's League winning goal like Drogs did..but as far as in the Premier league Demba Ba was the highest goal/game striker by a mile until Cisse got to Newcastle. And the fact Ba got so many goals with Newcastle's current injury ridden team was impressive.

But of course Drogba in his prime was a beast. Strong and a great finisher.

Last edited:

89Norcal

I think you underestimate just how psychotic and obsessive this man is

102884349__02_267263c.jpg

Home of Barca Fans