Champions League 2022/2023

Who will win the CL?

• Total voters

Birdy

Bayern's decision to sack him isn't really that ruthless, it's just the timing is a bit odd so close to the end of the season. Some could argue he was lucky to get a second season after their exit to Villarreal and losing the cup game 5-0 to Monchengladbach. Plus they had their lowest points total in 10 years last season and were guaranteed to finish with even less this year.

He was too young to get a job there in the first place. Barca were just as ruthless with Valverde, we were top of the league when firing him.

I would say Bayern's hierarchy were far from ruthless in this case.
It was unprofessional through and through:
1) to sack him when he is contention to win CL win incredible record this season,
2) the timing (before the most important games of the season. Even Perez doesn't sack coaches before the important games)
3) the way they did it (leaks in the press before talking to him). That was disrespectful and totally unacceptable

Yes, there are some arguments against him, like the points and performances in Bundesliga, like lack of development of some young talents.
But, he proved more than capable every time to gear up his team tactically and mentally before any important game.
His record in CL was nothing less than astonishing this season

Now Tuchel might win it, but it will be robbing 1 UCL from Nagelsman by the Bayern board

KingLeo10

:lol: Nageslmann's unpaid attorney has assembled

Robbing a UCL from Nagelsmann? If Bayern win it, they won a QF, SF, and F without Nagelsmann.

Worst take on a thread, as usual

Birdy

:lol: Nageslmann's unpaid attorney has assembled

Robbing a UCL from Nagelsmann? If Bayern win it, they won a QF, SF, and F without Nagelsmann.

Worst take on a thread, as usual

Bayern have already won the group against Barca and inter with 6 wins and dicked PSG twice despite them being super motivated and playing their season.

Only 2 goals conceded in an indifferent game against plzen, and 0 against all the big boys

Nagelsman proved to be clutch this season in all big games, and I have 0 doubts he could have done the same against Pep in two games.
Which is the only real test for Bayern. IF they get past City, they will win it 100%

Tuchel is a top coach, and can qualify in QF, SF and win F. Doesn't change anything about Nagelsman. He was on course to win it, and Bayern board robbed him of that chance

serghei

I pray this is the return of FC Hollywood, been like 15 years since Bayern were a complete joke being beaten by likes of Getafe and trashed by Zenit :lol:. Slim chances though.

serghei

Bayern have already won the group against Barca and inter with 6 wins and dicked PSG twice despite them being super motivated and playing their season.

Only 2 goals conceded in an indifferent game against plzen, and 0 against all the big boys

Nagelsman proved to be clutch this season in all big games, and I have 0 doubts he could have done the same against Pep in two games.
Which is the only real test for Bayern. IF they get past City, they will win it 100%

Tuchel is a top coach, and can qualify in QF, SF and win F. Doesn't change anything about Nagelsman. He was on course to win it, and Bayern board robbed him of that chance

Still sent home by Villareal and PSG though in 2021 and 2022 :lol:.

Bayern is the only notable victim of PSG in like 12 years of trying to win the CL.

Bayern are great at beating smaller teams or teams having issues. They suddenly lose their fangs vs big boys consistently, and even fuck it up vs hard working teams, not unlike Barca I might add.

They see themselves as some sort of Madrid equivalent, but their European trajectory is much more similar to Barca's.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

The mighty Bayern and their 3 CLs in last almost 50 years won against Valencia, Dortmund, and PSG :lol:

Always amuses me when their stans paint them as some overwhelming European force just because they demolish bad teams

serghei

The mighty Bayern and their 3 CLs in last almost 50 years won against Valencia, Dortmund, and PSG :lol:

Always amuses me when their stans paint them as some overwhelming European force just because they demolish bad teams

Exactly. Valencia on pens. :lol: Dortmund in the last seconds.

And vs PSG they got dominated.

Between that, all they have is a skimmed down Covid CL where they started the league before everyone else gaining an unfair advantage.

So they trashed some shit Barca versions. So what? A team with a manager struggling with cancer, and some way way past their best versions. Not even an EV Barca.

Got trashed by Pep Barca 4-0 in 30 mins and by MSN Barca as well. Didn't play vs Ronaldinho Barca because they were losing in Germany to likes of Stuttgart at the time.

Last edited:

fergus90

Tuchel is a better coach than Nagelsmann. The timing did him dirty for sure but ultimately they got him now before another club would in the summer.

He was heavily linked to them back in 2018 I remember after they sacked Ancelotti.

fergus90

Exactly. Valencia on pens. :lol: Dortmund in the last seconds.

And vs PSG they got dominated.

Between that, all they have is a skimmed down Covid CL where they started the league before everyone else gaining an unfair advantage.

So they trashed some shit Barca versions. So what? A team with a manager struggling with cancer, and some way way past their best versions. Not even an EV Barca.

Got trashed by Pep Barca 4-0 in 30 mins and by MSN Barca as well. Didn't play vs Ronaldinho Barca because they were losing in Germany to likes of Stuttgart at the time.

To be fair, Valencia were class then. Definitely better than Real and Barca. Sad how far they’ve fallen in the last 15 years.

Birdy

Still sent home by Villareal and PSG though in 2021 and 2022 :lol:.

Bayern is the only notable victim of PSG in like 12 years of trying to win the CL.

Bayern are great at beating smaller teams or teams having issues. They suddenly lose their fangs vs big boys consistently, and even fuck it up vs hard working teams, not unlike Barca I might add.

They see themselves as some sort of Madrid equivalent, but their European trajectory is much more similar to Barca's.

Totally idiosyncratic and off-topic crap

Don't care about your personal like or dislike about Bayern.

I talked about THIS season only in CL, where they have outclasses all the big teams they faced, and that happened under Nagelsman.

And just to rectify the historical record that your anti-Bayern lot is trying to distort.
No, they actually battered PSG in 2021 despite going out

Birdy

Chelsea are rumored to appoint Frank Lampard on interim basis until the summer, taking charge the coming weekend.

LOL
Madrid are through if this happens

Birdy

They are big favorites not matter what Chelsea do.

Yes,
But Frankie fucking Lampard trying to do Lampard things will tip that balance to Chelsea 0% Madrid 100%

On the contrary, I think that Potter, even his assistant Bruno, playing this football of waiting in a midblock, like what we saw yesterday vs Liverpool, could cause real problems to MAdrid

Home of Barca Fans