Cesar Azpilicueta

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Considering most of Holland's attacks came from Cesar's side and that the first two goals were from there as well confirms he was a target from Van Gaal...Third goal should've been disallowed for interference and the last two were more the result of chasing the result and being exposed on the counter after pushing up

The key battle was Blind vs Cesar

It was Blind vs Silva.
Great move by Van Gaal because Silva does not play out wide but positions himself very narrow. You can not expect Azpi to move up so far up the field to press a wingback who starts from deep.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Nah it's all Cesar's fault, so he's now the worst FB in world football cause he didn't do things he's not meant to do in his role. SHAME ON HIM!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It was Blind vs Silva.
Great move by Van Gaal because Silva does not play out wide but positions himself very narrow. You can not expect Azpi to move up so far up the field to press a wingback who starts from deep.

Look at their heat maps, it was Blind vs Cesar

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I take back all I said. He played bad in his last game, he's a bad player. I hope Chelsea sell him to Barca or something, who cares about his consistent performances for the past 2 seasons. How dare he have 1 bad game!!

L

linetty

He does well with a bus, I never rated him highly. That was a mistake from del Bosque, leaving out Carvajal.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Everyone looks better in a bus because they are well covered, this is why some if our good defenders are exposed in our high line.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well, he was good for Benitez and he didn't use a bus like Mourinho does. Didn't exactly play great football, but it wasn't a bus. That, and we didn't use a bus every game with Mourinho either, but he was good then too. Still, he played bad in his last game he's shit now.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Wait, why did he play bad? It seemed to me like the Dutch completely bypassed the fullbacks, all their play was long balls to where Pique and Ramos were or runs through the middle.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
But but, according to the heat maps it was Blind vs. Cesar and everything good from the Dutch team came from that side.

No really, this is all happening because somebody said that he's the best fullback in the world, so some other people decided to debunk that at the first opportunity. Nothing more, nothing less. If Cesar wasn't highly praised by other members of this forum nobody would be saying anything about his performance. This is how BarcaForum works. :p

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
The first two goals came from crosses on his side

With that said the CBs were just as guilty for those goals.

And Casillas was much worse.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans