Carlo Ancelotti

Birdy

Carlo Ancelotti (Real Madrid manager): "We played a good game. We deserved to win." #fcblive'

OK, I don't know what the PR game is that he is playing

ajnotkeith

Carlo Ancelotti (Real Madrid manager): "We played a good game. We deserved to win." #fcblive'

Madrid deserved -3 points from that game. I think he is just confused why Vini and Benzema can't score if they get the ball in the final third unlike against some other teams.

Its been proven and demonstrated again and again and again that this tactical setup suffers against the long ball yet every Clasico Ancelotti has played against Xavi his team are trying to score with 100 passes.

And worse, there is surely Chelsea watching that game ready to copy some of our ideas, so he better fix up and realise his fuckups before they go out of CL too.

ajnotkeith

Madrid are not even guaranteed 2nd. They are only 5 points ahead of Atleti and Atleti are in super form right now.

Poor poor league season by Madrid.

fergus90

Madrid are not even guaranteed 2nd. They are only 5 points ahead of Atleti and Atleti are in super form right now.

Poor poor league season by Madrid.

Yeah, they have been poor. Said it many times, they don't defend titles anymore and haven't done for a long time.

Morten

Is he actually happy with how we played?

I guess he will just try to the same thing again in CDR and hope to have all the luck then, bound to work eventually, right?

Birdy

Is he actually happy with how we played?

I guess he will just try to the same thing again in CDR and hope to have all the luck then, bound to work eventually, right?

I don't see how it will work eventually.

The only period where you seemed threatening were the last 15', where Barca were unable to control the game and were inviting pressure.

Morten

I don't see how it will work eventually.

The only period where you seemed threatening were the last 15', where Barca were unable to control the game and were inviting pressure.

We were threatening towards the end because we pushed forward and with tempo, because we had to go for it, not because you suddenly were exhausted, or at the very least it was a mix.

Ancelotti could try a different line-up and a different approach next time, but i guess he was pleased with what he saw so nevermind then.

Horatio

You're welcome
We were threatening towards the end because we pushed forward and with tempo, because we had to go for it, not because you suddenly were exhausted, or at the very least it was a mix.

It was a mix. But u guys have better bench. Took intensity up a notch with fresh legs and we couldnt match it. Thats how it looked to me.

Morten

It was a mix. But u guys have better bench. Took intensity up a notch with fresh legs and we couldnt match it. Thats how it looked to me.

Its not just about "fresh legs", the legs he started with are kinda dead already, starting Modric and Kroos together is not the play anymore, nor is starting Carvajal at all, but Ancelotti is stubborn.

ajnotkeith

Ten Hag after 1 game against Barca - 'Barca are very proactive and play with a high defending line, we have to exploit the spaces behind it'.

Seems like something simple...

But he worked out in 1 game what Ancelotti still hasn't worked out after all this time.

Horatio

You're welcome
Its not just about "fresh legs", the legs he started with are kinda dead already, starting Modric and Kroos together is not the play anymore, nor is starting Carvajal at all, but Ancelotti is stubborn.

Ok I see what you mean. But you could play either Modric or Kroos. But both can get tricky against a Barca that is not utterly slow.

Home of Barca Fans