Carlo Ancelotti

fergus90

Ancelotti to me has always been a manager that puts an arm around world class players and allows them to do their thing, they respect him for it and it often works.

But when that approach doesn't work, he has little in the way of adjustment.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He won it all with different clubs. Also doesn't come across fake and presumptions like Pepi and his lot.

Like him a lot.

Horatio

You're welcome
Correct me if I am wrong but he hasn't been able to get any attacking players in his 2 seasons so far. Madridistas should cut him some slack. Class guy.

El Gato

Villarato!
He didn't want any and repeatedly says so. Even if doesnt believe, at the very least is a sycophant to Perez that makes a call not to buy them

Horatio

You're welcome
He didn't want any and repeatedly says so. Even if doesnt believe, at the very least is a sycophant to Perez that makes a call not to buy them

Really? But would that really explain playing a 4-3-3 system with a RW absent?

El Gato

Villarato!
Yh track back his pressers in Jan-Feb if not convinced.
Said the squad is complete/no need to make transfers when squad is perfect from previous summer window.
Can argue he says it as has no choice as not given the transfers he wants however he behaves and puts on brave face, but that's being charitable only and anyone with a bit of integrity would sound off otherwise if wasn't happy with players he has at disposal as is.
Which can only lead to interpretation that he truly thinks we dont need improvements at CF or RW.
It's either that or he's given up and says what will go over well in dressing room.

It wouldn't explain playing 4-3-3 in that shape but dont think he thinks of it as 4-3-3 unless Asensio at RW anyway. Rodrygo often veers central and has played CF today so to him he's not really RW.
He doesn't care about lack of classic RW as thinks can get away with having enough quality from non-RW players i.e. Fede, Modric, Carva.

He's gambling on it being enough in all comps and we already seen it's not enough for Liga. Might get away with it if no CL follows through but only if goes far enough i.e. semi/final.
Otherwise he's probably gone Brazil in summer. It's no accident they're keeping a caretaker this long - I think it's first time in history they've gone this long without a permanent manager.
They're probably counting on either him or Zidane and waiting for what happens

Horatio

You're welcome
He's gambling on it being enough in all comps and we already seen it's not enough for Liga. Might get away with it if no CL follows through but only if goes far enough i.e. semi/final.
Otherwise he's probably gone Brazil in summer. It's no accident they're keeping a caretaker this long - I think it's first time in history they've gone this long without a permanent manager.
They're probably counting on either him or Zidane and waiting for what happens

Why would he gamble though? He is convinced Valverde is best RW option? It worked before will work again?

Morten

Did he really not want a back-up striker?

I think that was Perez decision, what is Ancelotti supposed to do about it if Perez says no?

El Gato

Villarato!
Did he really not want a back-up striker?

I think that was Perez decision, what is Ancelotti supposed to do about it if Perez says no?

Not say he wasn't needed? He says so just about any time he's asked.

Why would he gamble though? He is convinced Valverde is best RW option? It worked before will work again?

Yeah something to the effect. Him Rodrygo and Asensio are enough. Or so is evident from what he claims

Last edited:

Morten

The first half was some of the worst garbage i have watched, we even got the fluke goal, should have taken the game to Barca after that, but instead he did his usual "sit and wait"-approach, which doesn't work in Clasico.

We can play football if we want, or in Ancelotti's case, if we have to, yes Barca won in the end but we created some danger towards the end when we actually dared venture forward.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

The first half was some of the worst garbage i have watched, we even got the fluke goa. should have taken the game to Barca after that, but instead he did his usual "sit and wait"-approach, which doesn't work in Clasico.

We can play football if we want, or in Ancelotti's case, if we have to, yes Barca won in the end but we created some danger towards the end when we actually dared venture forward.

You created at the end because we sat back and stopped pressing.

Ancelotti's problem is this Madrid team only want to pass pass pass pass to the goal and walk the ball in. When you're facing a very high line aggressive pressing team this is not always possible and you have to exploit the gaps they give you over the top by kicking long. Other managers have understood this.

Long ball is hardly a part of Ancelotti's vocabulary.

Morten

You created at the end because we sat back and stopped pressing.

Ancelotti's problem is this Madrid team only want to pass pass pass pass to the goal and walk the ball in. When you're facing a very high line aggressive pressing team this is not always possible and you have to exploit the gaps they give you over the top by kicking long. Other managers have understood this.

Long ball is hardly a part of Ancelotti's vocabulary.

We created at the end because we pushed men forward and played with higher tempo.
You sat back in the CDR clasico, we created f-all in that game.

Ancelotti has one more opportunity, but i have little faith he will learn any lessons, so probably domestic double for you then.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Last match no shot on target against Barca and this one no Madrid player on scoresheet.

Subs were fine, Real has that quality but other than that even this weaker version of Barca were a better team.

ajnotkeith

We created at the end because we pushed men forward and played with higher tempo.

Ancelotti has one more opportunity, but i have little faith he will learn any lessons, so probably domestic double for you then.

Well, in pretty much every game, the best chances we are conceding all come at the end of the game and that's happened basically every Liga game this season.

We put a lot of physical effort into the first 70 minutes or so then naturally have to slow down a bit. Don't think it was because of any change on Madrid's part.

KingLeo10

Domestic double for us, and 0 trophies for you.

Usual business resumed :lol:

Home of Barca Fans