Carlo Ancelotti

Birdy

He reacted really, really slowly today.

It was clear Xavi wanted to park the bus right from the start of 2nd half but he waited to make attacking subs for no reason, and only gave 10 minutes to Alvaro when needed a big presence in the box.

His subs are also predetermined and not influenced by what's going on on the pitch.
Losing? He will throw Rodrygo or Asensio, pull off Modric and Kroos for the md is on the bench

Same shit he was doing in CL last season and people were idiotically hailing his subs as if some masterclass

Think only this example: Shows zero understanding of the game to pull off your best long passer (Kroos) when you need a goal, and therefore you need to switch sides fast to advancing fullbacks to cross. Especially for Tchoameni who lacks in the creativity department in general
The opposite (Tchou starting, Kroos subbed on when needing a goal) would have made sense.

On the one hand I am happy he is RM coach, on the other hand I am afraid his days are numbered, and Perez is getting a really WC coach like Tuchel or Poch.
In which case we are fucked

El Gato

Villarato!
All this space and half the goals last year came when opponent fell back to defend a scoreline they built.

Morten

Poch? No thanks, also, this is not the club for him.

You dont get time to build something here, Poch "project" would be given half a season, and likely fail.

Birdy

All this space and half the goals last year came when opponent fell back to defend a scoreline they built.

When the goals come due to luck, and not a tactical plan, coach should get no credit for that

Poch? No thanks, also, this is not the club for him.

You dont get time to build something here, Poch "project" would be given half a season, and likely fail.

I think he would be idea for you.
I know Perez doesn't like 'proper' coaches, but star managers especially if they can deliver a CL now and then.

Tuchel, though, can deliver soon enough. That's the worry for me

ajnotkeith

You don't deserve luck if you hardly create a single chance the entire game.

Madrid created almost nothing. They had one good chance which was Alvaro header right at the end then a Carvajal half chance on the volley, but at the most, the best Madrid deserved is a draw.

Needs to look at his own tactics a bit more and how he set the team up badly.

xXKonan

His plan is hoping teams leave space for Vinicius and Benz to exploit while hanging his bets on Modric and Kroos to keep performing miracles at their age from the Midfield while also using the power of friendship and vibes.

The problem is once you man-marked Vinicius and isolate Benz, Real struggle badly. Basically, if that fails he'll sub in Rodrygo and hope he scores yet another wonder goal. Carlo is basically so predictable in his tactics and subs.

Porque

Madrid showed their squad limitations. Maybe Rodrygo is clutch arriving into goal, but not a scratch on Vini as a wide player. Not as an option to take on his man.

Balde has pace to recover, but gave space for the Madrid right side to create something and they didn't do anything dangerous on that side. Which you need if Vini is pocketed on the left.

Look at the difference with how Eth handled Araujo on the RB for Rashford (lol) compared to Araujo for Vini. And this Is the third time!

Maybe Vini could switch to the right (and again I admit, Balde has the pace and strength to match that Alba didn't)?

Ancelotti was a bit too passive to overcome his challenge basically.

ajnotkeith

Madrid showed their squad limitations. Maybe Rodrygo is clutch arriving into goal, but not a scratch on Vini as a wide player. Not as an option to take on his man.

Balde has pace to recover, but gave space for the Madrid right side to create something and they didn't do anything dangerous on that side. Which you need if Vini is pocketed on the left.

Look at the difference with how Eth handled Araujo on the RB for Rashford (lol) compared to Araujo for Vini. And this Is the third time!

Maybe Vini could switch to the right (and again I admit, Balde has the pace and strength to match that Alba didn't)?

Ancelotti was a bit too passive to overcome his challenge basically.

In general, dry dribbling someone who is faster and stronger than you as a winger is very difficult.

You need on ball situations set up by teammates eg layoffs, one twos, fast break through balls where you can get the extra step and have more space, and also have the threat of shooting.

Vini was picking up the ball right at the edge of the touchline and facing a big fast guy who could constrict all his space. He doesn't have the option to fake a shot from there to keep Araujo thinking or have any passing options really so he would get swallowed up.

Neither did Araujo have to run much during the game so he was also fresh. I blame Ancelotti for that tactical issue.

Madrid really needed a striker or at least a midfielder who could attack between the lines and make a presence in our box. Their lack of numbers meant the coordination between Vinicius and Benzema was cut entirely and they could never get close to each other.

Messi983

FqP9Qr4X0AIfZIY

:mou: :VdB:

Morten

In general, dry dribbling someone who is faster and stronger than you as a winger is very difficult.

You need on ball situations set up by teammates eg layoffs, one twos, fast break through balls where you can get the extra step and have more space, and also have the threat of shooting.

Vini was picking up the ball right at the edge of the touchline and facing a big fast guy who could constrict all his space. He doesn't have the option to fake a shot from there to keep Araujo thinking or have any passing options really so he would get swallowed up.

Neither did Araujo have to run much during the game so he was also fresh. I blame Ancelotti for that tactical issue.

Madrid really needed a striker or at least a midfielder who could attack between the lines and make a presence in our box. Their lack of numbers meant the coordination between Vinicius and Benzema was cut entirely and they could never get close to each other.

Speaking of strikers, Benzema has been shite after the injury, except the Liverpool game, looks like injuries has ruined him.

Porque

Great points. I think the games Vini has hurt Araujo the most was when he had space behind, and we held a deep block. That and Araujo is a better player now and is especially confident against Vini. Which also plays into Vini game too.

El Gato

Villarato!
His plan is hoping teams leave space for Vinicius and Benz to exploit while hanging his bets on Modric and Kroos to keep performing miracles at their age from the Midfield while also using the power of friendship and vibes.

The problem is once you man-marked Vinicius and isolate Benz, Real struggle badly. Basically, if that fails he'll sub in Rodrygo and hope he scores yet another wonder goal. Carlo is basically so predictable in his tactics and subs.

No it isn't. He doesn't want space. We created goals with no space without an issue. What he counts on is perfect moments of execution from key players in team that he trusts on personal level. Always been too loyal to his players and never ever subs them even when underperforming

Home of Barca Fans