Camp Nou

Tomchin

81.978 fans attended yesterday's game, the second largest crowd in the Liga this season, after the game against Madrid (98.761) [via fcb]

That's such a disappointing stat.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Very disappointing. They should cut ticket prices with the economic situation in Spain as it is and try not to play too many games around 22.00 at night. But hey, fans in China and Indonesia come first! :mou:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Only midweek games are 22.00. The latest I've seen league games is 20.00. Neither of those timeslots benefit fans in China or Indonesia, or anywhere in Asia. Infact, afternoon games, like in the EPL, is what will help Asian viewers.

The blame for the low turnout is entirely on the season ticket holders who don't bother to show up.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Are there stats with the average ticket prices for La Liga teams the past few seasons? I've seen one for the PL.
I'm not sure (perhaps you could try espn?) but they vary a lot depending on the opposition. Smaller teams can double or triple prices for games vs Madrid or Barca.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Very disappointing. They should cut ticket prices with the economic situation in Spain as it is and try not to play too many games around 22.00 at night. But hey, fans in China and Indonesia come first! :mou:

Agreed with cutting ticket prices, cheap ticket prices is what is making the attendance rate in Bundeliga so high.

22:00 in Spain is 4:00 am in the morning in China. How does that benefit fans in China?

XaviMessiGirl

Ticket prices are one of the main reasons Serie A attendances are so low too. It's funny (read: pathetic) how this went from being the "people's sport" to basically highway robbery of the fans.

Kerrybai

Our attendance numbers are down to season ticket holders not turning up. Cutting match day tickets might help a bit but it's not the cure.

Kerrybai

Are there stats with the average ticket prices for La Liga teams the past few seasons? I've seen one for the PL.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jan/17/football-ticket-prices-premier-league-europe

Don't get it, they paid for them already, why not showing up?

A season ticket can be renewed for as low as 210 euro (cheapest seats). Let's say you only want to go to the Classico, the catalan derby and 3-4 other games, well say a ticket to the classico costs 200 and the rest average 50 each, that's 400 for 6 games compared to 210 for a season ticket. Members are allowed to sell the tickets too so the member could sell the rest of the games effectively covering the cost of the season ticket.

XaviMessiGirl

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jan/17/football-ticket-prices-premier-league-europe

A season ticket can be renewed for as low as 210 euro (cheapest seats). Let's say you only want to go to the Classico, the catalan derby and 3-4 other games, well say a ticket to the classico costs 200 and the rest average 50 each, that's 400 for 6 games compared to 210 for a season ticket. Members are allowed to sell the tickets too so the member could sell the rest of the games effectively covering the cost of the season ticket.

Thanks.

And not to mention all the families who just don't want to let go of their season tickets. Some have been passed down from parents to kids who hardly use them, etc. It's not fair to people who really would go to all the games, there should be a rule that if a season ticket holder doesn't physically attend a certain number of games per season, they lose them. That waiting list is just too long.

Cule4life

The Culest
If a season ticket holder doesnt attend 70% of the games his ticket should be cancelled. There are already such rules in many leagues

I

instinct

It's so sad that there is no noise in the Camp Nou except in the Clasico or in the CL, even there the stadium is often silent. I wonder why there will be more seats, the Camp Nou is almost never completely full.

Home of Barca Fans