Camp Nou

Galning

16it7qh.gif

Xtroverto

It's so sad that there is no noise in the Camp Nou except in the Clasico or in the CL, even there the stadium is often silent. I wonder why there will be more seats, the Camp Nou is almost never completely full.

Last time I saw, there were over 8000 on the waiting list for a season ticket. Increasing the size of Camp Nou makes all the sense in the world. When the current finacial crisis is over, more people will want to buy season tickets. Twenty years ago there were over 95000 holders of season tickets, now it is closer to 80000 with a long waiting list. This is because they have decreased the number of season tickets to sell more matchday tickets.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
The new seats are for VIP Corporate types, not for season ticket holders or the average Joe in the streets.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
It's not that I don't want anything done, I do. I just don't trust this board with that project. Also:

1) We don't know who is going to build it
2) thus we only know a very rough planning about what happens when
3) we don't know what the name of the stadium will be, which they already know will generate 150M? (which is insane, only 10M a year... Come on!)
4) we don't know how it is going to look like

Point 4 is the least of my worries tbh. I'd rather see we have a tender with a maquette, estimated costs and a plan for construction. The way this is done is just incorrect and I personally wouldn't trust this board with that kind of money...

XaviMessiGirl

The new seats are for VIP Corporate types, not for season ticket holders or the average Joe in the streets.

Plus if that bit is true about a few thousand season ticket holders being moved to the third tier in so they can build the corporate boxes, it really doesn't help season ticket holders at all.

Tomchin

Some of those 10.000 new seats will be for VIPs indeed, but I really doubt that they'll add 10.000 VIP seats ;) If I remember correctly, currently there're only 400 (or less?) VIP-seats.

Kerrybai

Currently the stadium is 86% season ticket holders so right around 86k. If you look at the plans you will see most of the new seats come in the form of VIPseats/suites. We currently have just 23 suites and will be going up to around 88 (this could change). If you notice on the plans we are getting a completion of the bowl where the main stand is located. This would suggest a far bigger increase than 5500 however the bottom tier is been made smaller by rebuilding it at an angle to give better views. I also believe that the seats will be replaced with larger ones again decreasing the capacity in favour of comfort. I don't think all the new 5k seats are for suites either. The suites certainly won't fit 5k seats by the looks of the renders.

RMFWdib.jpg

The current views from the bottom tier suck due to the shallow angle. Basically about 10% of our STH will be moved.

Regarding how the stadium will look there will be an international design competition which I guess the socios will vote on. I think at Real Perez it was Florentino who chose the winning design.

I'm all for the renovation as it will increase our revenue but I do not trust the board. They basically said a renovation will cost around 600 mill ( including the new palau etc ) and that a new stadium would cost 1.2 billion. I get the feeling that they floated the 1.2 number in order to make the 600 million figure seem reasonable.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=511681&page=60

Everyone interested in the stadium should follow this thread. You can find pretty much all the info you need.

Also it's important to keep in mind that the 600 million figure is for the entire sports complex. The Camp Nou is estimated at 400 million.

Last edited:

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Some of those 10.000 new seats will be for VIPs indeed, but I really doubt that they'll add 10.000 VIP seats ;) If I remember correctly, currently there're only 400 (or less?) VIP-seats.

No they are all VIP seats. They are trying to copy Arsenal and City.

I

instinct

I'd love the seats to be more near to the field, like in Anfield or Old Trafford. Maybe not that near but like 1-2m away.

Kerrybai

I'd love the seats to be more near to the field, like in Anfield or Old Trafford. Maybe not that near but like 1-2m away.

I think the seats will be slightly further away now, they are still close though compared to many stadiums.

Home of Barca Fans