Best Striker in Serie A in the last Decade?

Best Striker in Serie A in the last Decade

• Del Piero

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Pippo Inzaghi

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Francesco Totti

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Andriy Shevchenko

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • David Trezeguet

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
The Ibra fans are forgetting how mediocre he was for Juventus. Well mediocre is harsh, but he was a. not a striker b. far from the best player on that team. So that leaves 3 dominant seasons compared to a consistently good decade like Del Piero and the false prophet Totti. I know people have short attention spans, but voting for the best striker of the decade based on 3 seasons when the competition was at a low point is..interesting.

He says he did, but I don't know how true it is, I recall Berlusconi saying he didn't as he wanted Nesta instead, but am not sure. I don't say loyalty either as he has for years extorted his club with wages they cannot afford, plus his commands in the dressing room (imagine the bad side of Raul x 1000)

The national team also I always felt he was pretty terrible actually, not sure about the WC team, but if he did its a joke as his only contribution was a pk against Australia.

However, as you may tell from now I really don't like the guy.

I feel like this is the only place I always agree with you. :lol: Totti is the Italian Raul with less success to show for it, and while he had a few brief moments in the WC I feel like people overrate his performance because it was the first time he was relevant at all for the national team. He was hardly exceptional.

Last edited:

-zlatan-

The Magnificent Nose
Zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan zlatan

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
If this is about Serie A then there is no body as consistent as Del Pierro and nobody scored as many important goals as he did. Sheva was spectacular, Ibra was a winner, but Del Pierro delivered time and time again. Goals and skill, free kicks and deliveries. It is also important to note that he was the only one with loyalty.

S

Super Pippo

The Ibra fans are forgetting how mediocre he was for Juventus. Well mediocre is harsh, but he was a. not a striker b. far from the best player on that team. So that leaves 3 dominant seasons compared to a consistently good decade like Del Piero and the false prophet Totti. I know people have short attention spans, but voting for the best striker of the decade based on 3 seasons when the competition was at a low point is..interesting.

I feel like this is the only place I always agree with you. :lol: Totti is the Italian Raul with less success to show for it, and while he had a few brief moments in the WC I feel like people overrate his performance because it was the first time he was relevant at all for the national team. He was hardly exceptional.
LOL, I think you agree with me on more than you are prepared to admit to be honest. :p

If this is about Serie A then there is no body as consistent as Del Pierro and nobody scored as many important goals as he did. Sheva was spectacular, Ibra was a winner, but Del Pierro delivered time and time again. Goals and skill, free kicks and deliveries. It is also important to note that he was the only one with loyalty.

Trez was loyal as well, and was fantastic at football, it was just a shame for Juve that Trez's ankle wasn't so suited for the game. Pippo can't really be accused of disloyalty either as he was forced out by Juve and since has been even more passionate about the club than Maldini himself.

Ataraxia

ok dude from now on before voting we agree on one name all of us and then we all vote for him.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I voted for Shevchenko as I thought from 2001-05 he was on another level to any other striker in Italy.

Also Hernan Crespo deserves a mention. The man was a goal machine in Italy.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
trez? Fuck me man, TREZ!? there are like 20 more strikers that were better than him... :D

Home of Barca Fans