Best Player In the EPL over last 20 years?

Best Epl playeer over last 20 years?

• Paul Scholes

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Ryan Giggs

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Thierry Henry

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Other (Viera, Keane, Cantona, etc)

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters
C

Carefree

Thierry Henry, by a considerable margin too. Travesty he was never crowned the World Player of the Year. Deserved it as much as Ronaldinho in 2005 and should have won it instead of Zinedine Zidane in 2003.

Frank Lampard deserves a shout too IMO. His record from midfield, scoring and creative wise, has been unmatched throughout Europe over the past 7 years. I think he'll sit ahead of Paul Scholes by the time they've both retired.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Henry was never the best player in the Arsenal team let alone the best player ever in the EPL.

I don't know its just that when Arsenal needed him most he wasn't to be found on some occasions, but when Arsenal were a well oiled machine then Henry was pure brilliance.

For me the best player in the EPL over the past 2 decades Keane, was there for Man u when they needed to be driven on and needed to go up that extra gear he was there getting stuck in and driving on man u. He had the most influence over a set of players on the pitch than any other player in the EPL era (only Gerrard comes close to influence). So that is why I say Keane.

I don't know why but I just think that in those football games, in those moments when the team was struggling and needed something from Henry he more often than not did not produce - in that circumstance.

Henry produced greatness when greatness was around him. When the likes of Bergkamp, Vieira and Pires et al were at their brilliant best then so to were Henry.

When France failed in Euro 2004 (when the team was based offensively around his game) their tactics were based on Henry's gameset.

Whereas in 2006 France were based on Zidane and were a better team.

That's why there is a little doubt in my mind was calling Henry an all time great, there is just that small doubt.

For me its Keane without doubt though.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Why is there a need for debate? One man DOMINATES English Football and casts a formidable shadow on any false prophet. 5 letters of pure dread...

C_71_article_1113072_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

SAMBA

Last edited:

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Keane for me... Although there were many players that may deserve this "award"... However, i dont see henry as one of them...

W

woobie

Must I pick just one?

I'd prefer to just pick the entire MU midfield from ca. 1999 or so.

M

messi87

Thierry henry for sure, greatest player i ever saw in the premier league, every week destroying opponents with the most beutifull goals ever, the highlight vids of hsi arsenal period are proof of this.

sukhy

Giggs and Scholes were more successful, but Henry just destroyed teams in a way that was unmatched

Home of Barca Fans