Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
A backup wide player is a must which is a strange omission in that list reported by MD. Of course, if Deulofeu is brought back it solves that problem

rixxer

Nolito is Celta's most important player and after selling Augusto they weren't in a position to loan him for 6 months for free (A 2 million penalty in summer is not an incentive when his fee is 18 million)..Even a loanee in return is getting less since even Barcelona value Nolito more

It was ill conceived, not sure why Barto et al were convinced Celta would be so stupid or perhaps they thought the player would pressure the club (which he didn't)

Based on the club statutes that were amended, they never had the money to truly acquire a winger of quality in this window without forcing new elections in the summer which would threaten their mandate...It's simply terrible management

I really thought that offer to Celta was 3-4 millions right now and 18 guaranteed in the summer (I have read that kind of offer from barcastuff), that was basis I argued before that it is the best money Celta could get for Nolito. The final offer that was revealed yesterday (2 million penalty???),is, of course, as you rightly pointed out, ridiculous. That was understandably underwhelming and celta would have been fool to accept it.
Don't know is it terrible management to not dive into the debt once again, but for that offer you just cannot expect to get somebody as Nolito.

Cule4life

The Culest
[tw]692223060867424257[/tw]

tumblr_n5qec0U41F1t3ml1po1_250.gif

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We'll be incredibly stacked in midfield next season.

Rafinha will be back too. Won't need two. Denis is enough.

Galning

Nah, we were so desperate of getting him when he was at Roma but he turned us down. He had the chance, he didn't take it. Let's look for other CBs.

Word. He had the chance to come but went where they offered more money. Besides, how good is he actually? I don't really watch PSG but if you can't keep up with David Luiz and an aging Thiago Silva I really dunno what to think of him as a player.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Word. He had the chance to come but went where they offered more money. Besides, how good is he actually? I don't really watch PSG but if you can't keep up with David Luiz and an aging Thiago Silva I really dunno what to think of him as a player.

We never made a formal offer. What was he supposed to do?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nah, we were so desperate of getting him when he was at Roma but he turned us down. He had the chance, he didn't take it. Let's look for other CBs.

That's not true.

We never made an offer for him or contacted him according to Marquinhos and his agent.

He admitted that if we had talked with him prior to signing for PSG then he would likely had accepted our offer.

We spent all summer chasing Thiago Silva that summer and missed our chance on Marquinhos.

There were rumours that we were interested in him and scouted him, but if someone never starts any formal talks then what are you supposed to do? Hold off your career because of some rumours?

Roma wanted to sell for a price, PSG wanted to pay that and he joined them.

The year before that we also missed out on Thiago Silva by only opening talks when he had given his word to PSG.

Our transfer dealings those two-three summers was shameful as exhibited by signing Alex Song as a CB in the end of all the mess.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Lets not forget how incompetent Zubi was. Always chasing players which made no sense because of Barca dna ( think vermaelen, david luiz) or taking way too long to make an offer or flat out not doing it.
How great the team has been, its despite the board not thanks to since its as incompetent as ever.

I dont mind Marquinhos to be honest, talented cb/lb backup is what we need most along with a versitile attacker. We dont need any midfielders, especially with Denis coming back.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The Marquinhos story is nothing but him & his agent trying to get a raise or increased minutes, nothing to see here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans