Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

anguy

We won't have enough money for Marquinhos. I think our transfer budget will be 30M max. With MSN leaked salaries we can't afford more, sorry. We will be basically out of transfer market for next 2 years. Accept, that we are basically broke and stop looking at players worth 40-50m and start looking at players worth 20m max.

We will likely sign someone like that young backup LB from Villareal (forgot his name), bring back D. Suarez, sign some old cheap CB and call it a day.

Last edited:

Galning

That's not true.

We never made an offer for him or contacted him according to Marquinhos and his agent.

He admitted that if we had talked with him prior to signing for PSG then he would likely had accepted our offer.

We spent all summer chasing Thiago Silva that summer and missed our chance on Marquinhos.

There were rumours that we were interested in him and scouted him, but if someone never starts any formal talks then what are you supposed to do? Hold off your career because of some rumours?

Roma wanted to sell for a price, PSG wanted to pay that and he joined them.

The year before that we also missed out on Thiago Silva by only opening talks when he had given his word to PSG.

Our transfer dealings those two-three summers was shameful as exhibited by signing Alex Song as a CB in the end of all the mess.

I thought we made a 40 or 45M offer for him. Must've been wrong then.

I think FCBarca is right though. Think he's just putting some pressure on PSG.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I thought we made a 40 or 45M offer for him. Must've been wrong then.

I think FCBarca is right though. Think he's just putting some pressure on PSG.

That was last year after his first season at PSG.

Yes. We should not even talk with them unless Marquinhos actually shows he wants to come by convincing PSG to sell.

No need for another showdown with Nasser and PSG.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Luis Enrique: "Nolito? The window closes on 1 February at midnight. We'll see if the Three Kings bring me something..."

:lol:

khaled_a_d

That's not true.

We never made an offer for him or contacted him according to Marquinhos and his agent.

He admitted that if we had talked with him prior to signing for PSG then he would likely had accepted our offer.

We spent all summer chasing Thiago Silva that summer and missed our chance on Marquinhos.

There were rumours that we were interested in him and scouted him, but if someone never starts any formal talks then what are you supposed to do? Hold off your career because of some rumours?

Roma wanted to sell for a price, PSG wanted to pay that and he joined them.

The year before that we also missed out on Thiago Silva by only opening talks when he had given his word to PSG.

Our transfer dealings those two-three summers was shameful as exhibited by signing Alex Song as a CB in the end of all the mess.

Did we even chase T.Silva in 2013? sometimes I feel it was just a rumor we leaked so the club make it like they are just targeting the best player
T.Silva was 29 at that time and Barca spent almost the whole budget on Neymar .
I don't think Barca really was delusional enough to think they would get PSG for 15-20M which was the only remaining money after Neymar deal that was claimed to be 40M at that time and we only had 60M budget .And it was even less money after they admitted it was 57M and then said it could be even more
I think we just didn't have the money that summer and it was "let's act like we do" situation

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Did we even chase T.Silva in 2013? sometimes I feel it was just a rumor we leaked so the club make it like they are just targeting the best player
T.Silva was 29 at that time and Barca spent almost the whole budget on Neymar .
I don't think Barca really was delusional enough to think they would get PSG for 15-20M which was the only remaining money after Neymar deal that was claimed to be 40M at that time and we only had 60M budget .And it was even less money after they admitted it was 57M and then said it could be even more
I think we just didn't have the money that summer and it was "let's act like we do" situation

Do you remember Rosell's infamous interview where he almost urged Thiago Silva to help their case by pressuring PSG? If I'm not wrong, that was the year.

Now Silva obviously hit back and said he wasn't gonna do any of that, but we publicly went out of our way to sign him.

khaled_a_d

Do you remember Rosell's infamous interview where he almost urged Thiago Silva to help their case by pressuring PSG? If I'm not wrong, that was the year.

Now Silva obviously hit back and said he wasn't gonna do any of that, but we publicly went out of our way to sign him.

Rosell give the worst interviews ,but again that doesn't prove much . as I say I feel we wanted people to believe that but in reality there wasn't money to make the deal for Silva or any good CB at that time
We said we had 60M budget ,and we paid 57M for Neymar . How we were gonna pay for T.Silva?
May be am having a moment of reading too much in a situation though

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The Rossell interview was the summer prior to Neymar, was it not? We only bought Alex Song "does not" Billong that year.

xXKonan

The one LB we have been following and apparently the one Robert our sporting Director likes is Villarreal's Adrián Marín. He's 6'1 and only 19 and might be cheap compared to players like Rodriguez.

xavi_the_Boss

The one LB we have been following and apparently the one Robert our sporting Director likes is Villarreal's Adrián Marín. He's 6'1 and only 19 and might be cheap compared to players like Rodriguez.

He would be much cheaper and has a buy out clause aswell which probably isn´t that high.

xXKonan

Real have been trying hard to get Rodriguez as well but he doesn't want to move from Wolfsburg unless he's a Guarantee starter Which isn't possible here since Alba is our first choice LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans