Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egert

Estonian Culé
If we sell Alexis, we should bring Muller and we should not sell Alexis, if we don´t have a replacement for him.

KhaledBarca

If we need cash, I'd rather sell Pedro. Alexis has been better for us this season.

We have 5 forwards, selling Pedro or Alexis and we'll have to replace one of them with another Forward! Doesn't make sense!
Plus, we have 50-60M. Selling Song (10-15M), Tello (10M), Afellay/Bojan/Cuenca/JDS = about 35M.

Club have around 90M - 10M (ter stegan) = 80M to buy a CB & CM.

Benatia for example would cost around 25, Gungodan or Kroos 30M?
We have enough money...
---------------------

Muller In Alexis OUT. WHY? Alexis' work-rate is better, contribution to goals+assists is almost the same. Age: Alexis just one year older.
Alexis has improved and will keep improving, already have great chemistry with his teammates. With Muller next season, it'll be 2011/12 all over again. A talented player trying to get into the team, that will take a while and probably a season (same with Alexis). Just wasting time...

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sell Alexis? Not sure I like that..... If they decide to sell him though, then his minimum price need to be set at €40m

KhaledBarca

Sell Alexis? Not sure I like that..... If they decide to sell him though, then his minimum price need to be set at €40m

Selling Alexis means that the club needs to replace him with another high level forward. Doesn't make sense unless its someone like Cavani or Diego Costa... A CF who can play on RW (rotate with Messi throughout the game)

F

Flavia

We have 5 forwards, selling Pedro or Alexis and we'll have to replace one of them with another Forward! Doesn't make sense!
Plus, we have 50-60M. Selling Song (10-15M), Tello (10M), Afellay/Bojan/Cuenca/JDS = about 35M.

Club have around 90M - 10M (ter stegan) = 80M to buy a CB & CM.

Benatia for example would cost around 25, Gungodan or Kroos 30M?
We have enough money...
---------------------

Muller In Alexis OUT. WHY? Alexis' work-rate is better, contribution to goals+assists is almost the same. Age: Alexis just one year older.
Alexis has improved and will keep improving, already have great chemistry with his teammates. With Muller next season, it'll be 2011/12 all over again. A talented player trying to get into the team, that will take a while and probably a season (same with Alexis). Just wasting time...

Any cb Barça tries to buy will have an inflated price. Everyone knows we need at least one now. So Benatia and similar players wouldn't be less than 30-35. Also, Song/Tello/Afellay/Bojan/Cuenca/JDS would fetch at most 30m together.

The Observer

Can someone who actually watches many Roma matches tell me how good Benatia really is?

Best defender in Serie A. Up there with any centerback in Europe. Profile-wise a better version of Koscielny. Tall, aggressive, relatively quick, good reading of the game, good in the air. He has everything. Can't believe he was available for € 13M last season.

V

voodoomaster

We need
1. Someone who can replace xavi - maybe gundogan.
2. one centre back(but I want masch to stay, song is out, so he can play both dm and cb, and he is just as good as pique, only lacks height).
3. A right back? Alves is aging and earns to much. Dont know if montoya is the man. He is ok, but not top-class.
4. A keeper obviously.
5. A forward - perhaps. I want to keep alexis and pedro, but honestly, they are second class forwards, not at the level of messi, zlatan, ronaldo, suarez, and so on. Maybe sell both and buy a monster player? We can get good money for them, psg and city probably want to buy.

Neymessi

Whats the situation of rafinha.If he returns then why do we need a midfielder?they say 60m for 4 signings out of which around 10 is for ter stegen so that leaves us with 50 for 3. A centre back is a real priority.I don't really know what people find so amazing in ingo martinez because i have always seen him play just mediocre.Benatia is good though.Any chance if thiago silva is still an option.I would give out the remaining 50m for him in a heartbeat.

KhaledBarca

Whats the situation of rafinha.If he returns then why do we need a midfielder?they say 60m for 4 signings out of which around 10 is for ter stegen so that leaves us with 50 for 3. A centre back is a real priority.I don't really know what people find so amazing in ingo martinez because i have always seen him play just mediocre.Benatia is good though.Any chance if thiago silva is still an option.I would give out the remaining 50m for him in a heartbeat.

because Rafinha can't play Xavi's role. He better in a more advanced role...

We need someone like Gundogan, Kross or Thiago (LOL)!

PhilS

I think Rafina will be on the squad next year, but Sergi will go out on loan or leave. This is also possible for Deulofeu replacing Tello.

The team will spend 60M net, but maybe for fewer than 4 new players. Almost all the funds will go for Ter Stegen and the CB (Luiz).Most years there is some turnover among players who do not play much, usually because they turn in transfer requests seeking more playing time elsewhere. Barca is not likely to spend much replenishing these bench roster spots. #5 forward, #4 offensive midfielder, #2 DM, #4 fullback, #2 keeper, not all of these spots will have the same faces next year. Barca always looks for flexibility for their squad players, they love the ability to play more than one position at a Barca level. Tata seems to value height more than Tito or Pep did.

fcbdna

Banned
Heard we might be getting Cuadrado to replace Alves in a swap deal. . . I hope its true. He seems like the only one who could replace Alves and still retain the creativity on the right wing.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So we're gonna get a winger to replace Alves. Seem like we're in a mission to weaken our defence further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans