Barca Transfers and Rumors

khaled_a_d

Kane is 4 years younger than Lewandowski when he was signed. He can be great for them but if he arrives it is unlikely to get the likes of Halaand or Mbappe if he joins.

Co0ter

If we are going to complain every time Messi doesn't press then bringing Messi here will be a waste of time. He's 36, he never pressed much in his prime, he's not going to now.

His lack of pressing is not the issue. The issue is whether he can more than compensate for that when he is on the ball. You disagree, but if Lionel Scaloni disagreed they would have been punted in the group stage in humiliation rather than returning to Argentina as eternal heroes.

The difference on the ball between Messi and the two players you mentioned, Raph and Dembouz, is absolutely astronomical.

This season has been as awful a season as I can remember from an entertainment spectator perspective. Watching our attackers has been recommended to the CIA as a new method of interrogation. I can't watch the same shit next season.

There is nothing to protect, nothing concrete for Messi to come in and fuck up. We are the champions of a pub league, let's face it, Tebas made sure of that.

I'm not fully for Messi coming back only because we are playing in the atmosphereless Montjuic. But the idea that Messi's lack of pressing is a deal breaker because it's going to destroy something beautiful we have created ( we haven't ) , is something I can't sign up for.
No one said the current state of the team is incredible. I didn't say Dembele or Raphinha are the answers to RW either.

What I did say, was that Messi walked around and already had decreased output when he was last here. He's older now, less effective and going to walk around even more. Our team is not a compact, organized unit. Xavi has no idea what he's doing. Our team cannot compensate for Messi walking around for 90 minutes because they can barely keep it together as it is. If anything, what you said made my point that much more evident.

Would Raphinha and Dembele have as much offensive output as Messi, probably not, but Messi comes with baggage and we have other areas of the team to improve first before throwing an old, lazy player into the mix. Start adjusting and fixing what we have, don't throw more issues into the mix to complicate rebuilding further.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'd personally like to see Messi play again for us, but I'm not sure the environment at the club and the team is the best for him or us.

Then again would be nice to see him play for a CL contender instead of going to some shit Saudi team or that garbage Miami team, but doesn't seem likely that would happen either.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Money will lure him away from signing with us... it's his last like 2 seasons and he's won everything - 25m from us vs 400m from Saudis :rolleyes:

Nello

Money will lure him away from signing with us... it's his last like 2 seasons and he's won everything - 25m from us vs 400m from Saudis :rolleyes:
If we even offer him 25m in the end. So far no official proposal has been made and doubt it will be any time soon.

BJJ

Xavi: “I told the president that Messi return makes sense. No doubts at all, he is perfect for our system and idea. I’ve the tactical plan in mind with Leo”, told Sport. “It’s up to Leo. I think he has to decide, it’s up to him… I’m speaking with Leo, yes”,

Quite hilarious considering he hasn't even had any sort of tactical plan without Messi the past 2 seasons.

Maybe his genius plan is to have Messi walk around for 90 minutes vs top European sides and have the absolutely exhausted midfield, who have been covering him all season at this point, continue to cover him and be overrun.

There is no other top European club run like ours where signings are so political and nonsensical. Signing players because they are Catalan or Spanish, signing players from preferred "friendly" agents or scrubs from Brazil for no reason.

I love Messi, and I think he's the best player to ever live and was unplayable in his prime, but he will make our starting 11 worse now, not better. Dembele and Raphinha might not be as useful going forward as Messi on a good day, but they help defensively and press....and over the course of an entire season, especially in Europe, I value that more than Messi's output at his current age.
Exactly. Xavi is clueless. Tactical plan 😂😆.
The club is run in such an unprofessional manner, it's crazy how we managed to win so much in the past.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Not seen a thread of his but thoughts on Victor Boniface? Up for Pro League player of the season, always seems to score in the big domestic games and has carried a tiny club to some noteworthy performances in Europe.

Stats are nothing to write home about, but just have the feeling that he could explode when he moves to a bigger club next season, Kvara style. Big Italian clubs, including Napoli interested.

Not the sort of signing we make, but the sort of signing we should be making in our situation. 20m would be the fee. A high risk, high reward play. Unfortunately we seem to be playing it safe targeting guaranteed mediocrity.

Porque

Según el periodista Ekrem Konur, el Barça ya ha contactado con el entorno de Elías y las conversaciones han ido bien, hasta el punto de que el Barça podría fichar al delantero este mismo verano. En el club blaugrana hace meses que siguen a Elías, que a su temprana edad tiene una personalidad y un desparpajo con el balón en los pies espectacular, además de tener un olfato infalible para marcar goles.

They say the fee could be 20m.

Reminder that Flu sold Matheus Martins to Watford for 8m after he had already broke into the first team.

Porque

Edit.
Udinese signed for 6m then loaned to Watford. Same shit really though.

@Messi983
Only seen the highlights from U17 WC. Can't say much more. Part of the duo with Vitor Something where they both look great, but at the sametime are way more physically developed than the rest.

khaled_a_d

Según el periodista Ekrem Konur, el Barça ya ha contactado con el entorno de Elías y las conversaciones han ido bien, hasta el punto de que el Barça podría fichar al delantero este mismo verano. En el club blaugrana hace meses que siguen a Elías, que a su temprana edad tiene una personalidad y un desparpajo con el balón en los pies espectacular, además de tener un olfato infalible para marcar goles.

They say the fee could be 20m.

Reminder that Flu sold Matheus Martins to Watford for 8m after he had already broke into the first team.

I am sorry, which Elias are we talking about?

Porque

Good luck being a club searching for strikers in Brazil with a limited budget for one, and seeing Vitor Roque, Kaua Elias, Deivid Washington, Rayan Vitor coming through. Not to mention the batch under them that we as fans will hear about next year.

Reports say that the club see Kaua as a more pure 9 than Vitor Roque (tbf I think that's supported in the HL) and with a higher ceiling. I can see where they are coming from if we purely judge from the highlights, but until he shows what he can do at pro level everyone is a pure gamble. Look how long it took for Joao Pedro to prove his worth, and even then he hasn't done it in the EPL yet.

---

Another report amidst Watfords interest

That is according to Brazilian outlet O Dia, who claim that several clubs in Europe have shown interest in the 17-year-old.

These clubs are Watford, Brighton, Barcelona and Porto.

On a tour of Europe last season with Fluminense's youth side, in which they played several exhibition matches, Elias is reported to have scored 16 goals in 16 matches.

Last edited:

Messi983

800px-Elias_2018.jpg

Home of Barca Fans