Barca Transfers and Rumors

Andresito

Staff member
elias_efe_3.jpg

Porque

Carlos Borges might be alright in Spain. City Group probably loan him to Girona, but Pep owes us one after Ferran.

Messi983

Don't know why and I'm probably off with this comparision but he gives me a bit of Isak vibes (which is not bad as I've always liked him). Not as tall (at 17 could still grow though) nor fast but he was the first player I've thought of when watching his HL.

I trust Brighton scouts more than our own, lol. If they like him then I believe he has good potential. Current abilities and adaptation to European football are another thing though.

Signing for Brighton who would probably loan him to Belgium or Eredivisie for a year or two before slowly bringing him into their team in 3-4 years will surely be the better for his career development than coming here as Lewy's backup if that would be the plan.

Vitor Roque is more developed (understandable as he's a year older) and better for that role right now, also more versatile as can play on the wings (although lacks speed for that but Raphinha is also not exactly a speedster and Xavi likes him).

Ofc also twice as expensive if rumoured prices are to be believed. Impossible to tell who between the two has higher longterm upside just watching a short HL video (of Elias, I've seen Vitor in a few games already) though.

Messi983

Probably BS but Sport says Mendes wants to sell Ugarte to Barca. Clearly won't happen but if we have to take one of his players would prefer Ugarte over Neves.

Damn who is that cat? 29G + 18A in 33 games as a LW.

Yes, impressive numbers but we'll have to see if he can translate that into senior football as well.

His contract is expiring next year according to TM. Could be worth a risk but doubt City will give up on him so easy.

Porque

Damn who is that cat? 29G + 18A in 33 games as a LW.

The whole City forward line has big numbers, so safe to assume the opposition is well under matched.

Saying that, alot of high scorers in that league.

Borges does pass the eye test though, although you would have expected Pep to given him an opportunity by now if he fancied him. City do tend to let one or two from the youth teams to fall through the cracks though so theres a chance (Seko Fofana, Angelino, Pedro Porro), even so in recent years they have been making use of Girona and Troyes.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

The PL jealousy on this forum is as real as it gets lmao.
It's not jealousy. It's disgust. Disgust at financial doping allowing smaller clubs to artificially outspend foreign clubs that are way bigger than them.
Disgust at then pointing the finger at those same bigger foreign clubs and having the cheek to accuse them of being the 'cheats' and the ones that break FFP.

Disgust at circle jerking and looking down on huge foreign clubs being 'broke' just because English clubs sold their soul to a rich foreign sugar daddy.

And perhaps best of all, disgust at how EPL fans think they have such great atmospheres and think foreign teams are scared of the 'Anfield factor', when there are 5 clubs in most divisions in Europe that would blow the atmosphere at Anfield out of the water.

Let's get back to the good old days. 3 foreigners rule. Add in same transfer budgets for every club in Europe. Add in equal wage cap for every club in Europe. See where that would leave the oh so great Premier League.

Temptation

It's not jealousy. It's disgust. Disgust at financial doping allowing smaller clubs to artificially outspend foreign clubs that are way bigger than them.
Disgust at then pointing the finger at those same bigger foreign clubs and having the cheek to accuse them of being the 'cheats' and the ones that break FFP.

Disgust at circle jerking and looking down on huge foreign clubs being 'broke' just because English clubs sold their soul to a rich foreign sugar daddy.

And perhaps best of all, disgust at how EPL fans think they have such great atmospheres and think foreign teams are scared of the 'Anfield factor', when there are 5 clubs in most divisions in Europe that would blow the atmosphere at Anfield out of the water.

Let's get back to the good old days. 3 foreigners rule. Add in same transfer budgets for every club in Europe. Add in equal wage cap for every club in Europe. See where that would leave the oh so great Premier League.

But that's just where the sport is heading.

The big clubs from your league were desperate for Super League too so let's not pretend they're saints. Like I said, it's just where Football is heading. Barcelona and Real Madrid have famously had shady financial dealings and corruption for years and years(which I'm sure you'll try to deny). The less said about the Italian League and it's match fixing and corruption charges, the better.

That leaves only the Bundesliga which seemingly is organic and financially fair going by the rule book. Oh wait, people on this forum love to shit on that league. I wonder why?

Where was the last World Cup held?

Your comment would be very valid in an ideal world. In the real world though.......Welcome to Modern Football mate.

ajnotkeith

The big clubs from your league were desperate for Super League too so let's not pretend they're saints. Like I said, it's just where Football is heading. Barcelona and Real Madrid have famously had shady financial dealings and corruption for years and years(which I'm sure you'll try to deny). The less said about the Italian League and it's match fixing and corruption charges, the better.

That leaves only the Bundesliga which seemingly is organic and financially fair going by the rule book. Oh wait, people on this forum love to shit on that league. I wonder why?

Your comment would be very valid in an ideal world. In the real world though.......Welcome to Modern Football mate.
And, not surprisingly at all, it is firmly the 4th worst of the top5 leagues. Possibly joint worst with Ligue 1.

Unfortunately the sport has become a pay-to-win exercise where shady sheikhs and financial doping rules all.

The annoying thing about the PL is its gonna leave countries with football heritage and culture like Italy, who still have a great domestic scene, behind. The days of the Milans being powerhouses with superstars will never ever return, all for the cause of money.

The only teams competing for top players will eventually all be English with the exception of a few, due to money. It sucks. Newcastle will become better than Juventus only because of money.

Temptation

And, not surprisingly at all, it is firmly the 4th worst of the top5 leagues. Possibly joint worst with Ligue 1.

Unfortunately the sport has become a pay-to-win exercise where shady sheikhs and financial doping rules all.

The annoying thing about the PL is its gonna leave countries with football heritage and culture like Italy, who still have a great domestic scene, behind. The days of the Milans being powerhouses with superstars will never ever return, all for the cause of money.

The only teams competing for top players will eventually all be English with the exception of a few, due to money. It sucks. Newcastle will become better than Juventus only because of money.

Yeah but the next generation won't care.

I doubt you feel any of the aura when you see Nottingham Forest or Aston Villa in this era.

Next gen will know City and Newcastle as super clubs as if they are Real Madrid or Liverpool.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

You've not really addressed my post, which was to explain why the anti EPL sentiment is not jealousy, but disgust. No league is clean and corruption exists throughout the leagues, but never in history has one league openly been allowed to financially dope themselves to the extent that they are spending 20 times as much as all the other leagues put together.

It's essentially cheating in everything but name, and has turned the sport in to a glorified version of F1. I see the EPL as a plethora of incompetence and failure. Why? Because given how much more they spend than everyone else, they should be sweeping up every European trophy, every year, without question.

West Ham are on the verge of 'glory' next week if they beat Fiorentina but is it really glory when they have a higher net spend this season alone than all their opponents in the Conference league , put together, for the last 10 years. Not for me. No glory there, just par for the course.

And no Newcastle or City will never be seen as equal to the traditional 5 or 6 European Super clubs, no matter what they win. The next gen will see them as they are seen now. Middle level clubs whose success is based on their owners bank accounts.

Home of Barca Fans