Barca Transfers and Rumors

eaman

That's beyond ridiculous. Considered what Real wants to pay for Mbappe, Saul signed just a long term contract and Verratti is also impossible.

Why is verratti impossible. Nobody is impossible to get until the end of august. I've heard verratti is looking to leave but he's keeping quiet about it

Zuti

Coutinho is far from a done deal, the easy part of negotiating with the player is done according to reports, now comes the hard part of negotiating with the club that doesn't want to sell.

El Barcelona

Why is verratti impossible. Nobody is impossible to get until the end of august. I've heard Ferranti is looking to leave but he's keeping quiet about it
Because I don't believe that PSG will sell him to us. Verratti would be perfect but he plays for the wrong club, if they don't want to sell, they don't sell. And how sure are you that he wants to leave and not using Barca interested for a bigger contract? With the whole Neymar saga, I have zero trusts in the media until I hear his desire to leave out his own mouth.

Icarium

Lifestealer
If Neymar does leave I would rather target Coutinho and Dybala over Mbappe and Dembele. We can bring both of them for around 220M which is close to Neymar release clause. Next window we can target for Dembele. There is no way we will sign an exact replacement of Neymar who is good enough to start for us and is also available. But this might limit our wing play a lot, even then we will be replacing his ball control, dribbling, scoring and chance creation to an extent with Dybala and Coutinho combination. But with Dembele he is a pure winger that too who plays on right.

behindbrowneyes

If we lose Neymar and sign Dybala instead of Dembélé our wing-game literally is dead. Don't forget that Ney is our wing-game as Messi plays a more central role. Sure, we have 2 offensive-minded FB, but that's not enough.

puyolman

looking at the below, we would really have a great team with great backups if we would be able to sign coutinho
our weakest spots would be the backup wingers but this could be solved by playing coutinho there as well when needed

gk : ter steegen (cillessen)
rb : semedo (vidal)
cb : pique, umtiti (mascherano, marlon)
lb : alba (digne)
dm : busqets (samper)
cm : rakitic/sergi roberto/gomes
cam : coutinho/iniesta/alena
lw : neymar (denis)
rw : messi (deulofeu)
st : suarez (alcacer)

sell : vermaelen, munir, douglas, rafinha, arda

I would prefer to keep gomes as I think/hope a lot of his horrible play was just down to bad tactics

as it seems to be a new rumour, I wouldn't mind letting rakitic go if this means geting coutinho
then maybe keep rafinha instead as although I would like to keep gomes, not so sure I am ok just having him as backup to sergi roberto

with coutinho we could switch between 433 & 4231 any time by switching coutinho and messi

*if neymar leaves we should push for the swap with veratti and buy a new LW + coutinho
as much as i hope he stays, this could overal make our team a lot better balanced and probably better if we can get a good replacement

so overall, I think getting coutinho would really be a huge improvement and give us a better squad than madrid
not sure any oher signing could have the same impact so we should go all-in to sign him IMO
great team and not so impossible reading the rumours

any other players you think could have the same impact?

El Flaco

Coutinho is far from a done deal, the easy part of negotiating with the player is done according to reports, now comes the hard part of negotiating with the club that doesn't want to sell.

Well, FSG has a history of selling their best players. Hopefully, it'll be the same case for Coutinho.

Zincubus

Banned
If we lose Neymar and sign Dybala instead of Dembélé our wing-game literally is dead. Don't forget that Ney is our wing-game as Messi plays a more central role. Sure, we have 2 offensive-minded FB, but that's not enough.

Maybe Alba and Semado could provide the width??

I love the idea of Messi playing slightly behind Dybala and Saurez ....

eaman

Because I don't believe that PSG will sell him to us. Verratti would be perfect but he plays for the wrong club, if they don't want to sell, they don't sell. And how sure are you that he wants to leave and not using Barca interested for a bigger contract? With the whole Neymar saga, I have zero trusts in the media until I hear his desire to leave out his own mouth.

Ya but it's not impossible. Ive heard he wants to move to a bigger club and there's no bigger than barca. There's clubs at the same level but not bigger. Might not happen but not impossible

Albo

I have no idea why we are wasting 100 million euros on Coutinho now that Neymar is leaving. Sign Lemar, Dembele and a CM.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I just don't see where Dybala will play at Barca.

Behind Suarez. Interchanging with Messi frequently. Where will Dembele start? Right? Then Messi dedicatedly has to start in the middle I am not sure that is such a good idea. Plus if we do that we need a left winger who can score goals. Countinho is not that and Dembele is not that and we would that part. When neymar is in scoring form we win matches and we need to replace that any cost. Rather than wasting money on Mbappe I would go for Dybala.

Home of Barca Fans