Barca Transfers and Rumors

Trickykid

View attachment 7271

Renato Sanches
Position: DM/MC/AMC
Role: roaming playmaker / ball-winning midfielder / deep-lying playmaker / regista / box-to-box midfielder
Club: Bayern Munich
Nationality: Portuguese
Value: £27 million
Price tag: N/A (patch 17.2)

Reports coming in he is not happy in bayern and may look to leave this summer. Up for grabs?

There's a thread about him in the other players section already.
I don't want him here, as I don't think he's any better than what we already have in abundance in midfield.

He's 19, btw, turning 20 soon.

Zincubus

Banned
Six weeks and 10 games missed to be accurate.
Season before that 12 games missed.

Maybe he just been unlucky but thats 30% missed games.

Compare that to Erikssons 4 missed games in total last 3 seasons.

Nothing to compared with Chico Hernandes who has apparently only played 150 games in 11 years !! ( including sub appearances presumably ) - don't know if that's true but it was on the radio ...

Zincubus

Banned
Premier League is moire physical league. I think he would be fine in Spain.

Yep , a walk in the park for him . Far slower overall pace to the game and nowhere near as many crunching tackles in La Liga ... I'd say he's a must given that he's proved he can link up with Suarez and Neymar and Messi can adapt to play with anyone :)

BarçaBarça

Alright, if Liverpool ends up turning down 100M for Coutinho, then who are available?
Eriksen is impossible, I would say. It's easier to get Coutinho, because Tottenham is way harder to negotiate with. Might be able to get him next year if we negotiate with them all of this summer.
After that, I only see average players left - people with injury-problems like Gundogan could maybe be available. Would they turn down 60M for him, e.g.?
After that it is more depressing. Strootman, Mario, Ramsey etc.. Keita from Redbull is apparently 80m, so the market is definitely insane.

Of the young players left, it could be Goretzka or Max Meyer, both cheap, young and achievable, but more potential than quality, and we have got a lot of that already.

If we don't get Coutinho I'm quite worried for next seasons midfield. Suarez or Roberto need to grow into WC midfielders in months for us to be competitive, but lets see if Valverde can get more out of them than late Enrique.

FC433

I would love this, but I do not think it is going to happen:

Mbappé Suarez Dembele

Saul/Verratti/Rakitic Busquets Messi

Alba Umtiti Pique Semedo

Stegen

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Coutinho is not a done deal at all. Only some catalans media is reporting it.

They're not saying it's a done deal. They're saying we've finalized personal terms with Coutinho and are negotiating with Liverpool which likely will go badly.

El Barcelona

Mbappé Suarez Dembele

Alba Umtiti Pique Semedo

Stegen
That's beyond ridiculous. Considered what Real wants to pay for Mbappe, Saul signed just a long term contract and Verratti is also impossible.

eaman

Mbappé Suarez Dembele

Alba Umtiti Pique Semedo

Stegen

No Messi has to stay in the front three and if we did get dembele he would be left midfield and verratti in rakitics place. Anyway I would be happy with mbappe and especially verratti coz iniesta still has a part to play especially in the big games

Zincubus

Banned
Coutinho is not a done deal at all. Only some catalans media is reporting it.

I'm starting to think that we are just make preparations .... so if we lose Neymar they can then go to Liverpool and offer them a ridiculous offer like £120 million or the like .

It doesn't look at all hopeful for us this season ..the first eleven is good but not great but then the cracks start to show when you dig deeper into the squad .

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans