Barça to face PSG in the CL quarter finals

aaron101

Keep in mind that PSG can easily score lots of goals from set-pieces. Their CB's can do damage in the air.
Most people say they are easy opponents. Well, even if they play bad against us, if they score 2-3 goals from set-pieces then we are in serious trouble again.

F

Flavia

There are no easy opponents on the CL, much less on the quarters. But I'm confident the players will play with intensity from the start.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Reasonable to assume that by now UEFA have fixed the dates for the QFs.

Currently PSG-Barca is on 3rd April and 9th April. Juve-Bayern is on 2nd April and 10th April. So no conflict!

magique

Yep they changed dates but... we'll have only six days of recuperation instead of seven... not good for the players.

Games are on the 3 and 9th April, but Paris had important games on 29th mars and 6 (hope will be change) april. And the league is not won for us because we have to go at Lyon and we juste have 5 more points than them...

Yesterday ASSE 2-2 PSG, it was a nice game but we were dominating 2-0 and after Saint-Etienne made a very nice game. Whereas Barca did a good game i saw ?

ShandyFFM

67372_527198213990006_1475977226_n.jpg

:rofl1:

DucdeOrléans

A shame that FCB and PSG drew each other. I was hoping that they would avoid each other. Well....

There is no doubt that we are the overwhelming favorites although PSG is underrated by some here. Galatasaray are not even close to the quality of PSG. On paper there are not many better teams than PSG and Ancelotti is a great and experienced manager, especially when it comes to the CL. But given Ibra's absence in the first leg, the injury to Lucas, the lack of experience as a TEAM in such high-profile games in the CL, the first leg being played at the Parc des Princes and obviously the gap in quality (overall) are all aspects that should favor us greatly.

But despite all this then I am pretty sure that this tie will not be a walk in the walk. Individually PSG are superior than Milan and when having a good day they can defeat any team. They have the players to adopt a successful defensive approach and utilize the ability to counter while being able to control games as well due to players such as Verratti, Lucas, Matuidi, Pastore, Ibra etc. This gives Ancelotti the luxury to choose different tactical approaches. Hence why I am curious to see how he will approach the first leg which will be all-important for PSG's success in the tie because I don't see them getting a positive result at the Camp Nou. If they can keep us from scoring in the first leg and get a favorable result they will be a tough nut to crack, even at the Camp Nou. Anyway we will see how it all unfolds.

Málaga, Galatasaray and even Dortmund would have been a easier draw for us on paper. Dortmund don't have the team to prevent us from scoring nor are they a tactically strong side IMO. If we progress to the semifinals and Dortmund does the same against Málaga then it would be a perfect draw for us should we meet in a possible semifinal.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yep, Barcelona have to score but better still, they should win in Paris otherwise the return leg will be pretty complicated...Especially if Mascherano gets booked and we lose yet another CB

Antimadridista1

Yep they did but the referee of ASSE - PSG was awful yesterday. There wasn't penalti and ASSE's second goal shouldn't be valid. Concerning PSG, during the second half, i noticed that your team didn't play very well... probably because Motta, Lucas, Verrati or Menez were not there but in the midfield ASSE were supperior.

DucdeOrléans

Yep they did but the referee of ASSE - PSG was awful yesterday. There wasn't penalti and ASSE's second goal shouldn't be valid. Concerning PSG, during the second half, i noticed that your team didn't play very well... probably because Motta, Lucas, Verrati or Menez were not there but in the midfield ASSE were supperior.

I was watching the ASSE-PSG game on a stream (bet365) yesterday night and ASSE were the superior team throughout most of the match especially in the second half. The first goal by Pastore came out of nowhere and was rather lucky and due to a horrible individual mistake while the penalty Ibra scored (a beauty - I will give him that) was quite harsh in my opinion. Afterwards ASSE were in complete control, aside from sporadic chances to PSG here and there - not many mind you, and they were constantly threatening. One could even argue that they should have scored in the dying minutes. But as you said the second goal should have been disallowed in hindsight but a draw was a fair result. But sure basically all of the starting midfield was missing and that had a great impact with all due respect to Beckham and Chantôme.

ASSE is a very difficult place to play in and the fans are stunning and ASSE are the surprise of this season with some great players and interesting talents. Aside from that they are one of the great sides in French football historically speaking.

I would not draw too many conclusions from yesterday's match but there are clear weaknesses that FCB should be able to capitalize on if they play their average game/slightly above average. But that was already known. I am not even talking about a repeat of the "Milan performance". Anyway it's hard to predict since this is the CL and everything can happen in just 2 games.

We will be without Puyol and Adriano who are both significant misses since our defense has struggled all season long and already is sparse in numbers. A yellow card to Mascherano could be crucial as FCBarca already pointed out let alone a injury to Piqué!

Also we have to perform better in the first leg - especially away from home. See Inter 2010, Chelsea last year and it could have repeated itself this year as well had it not been for a stunning performance last week. It should serve as a lesson for the team which I am hopeful that it will.

Last edited:

ShandyFFM

cant belive the uefa will discuss again if ibra will miss the first leg against barca or not because of his red card... they will discuss this on march 26. so if we are not lucky at all ibra may play against us...

Home of Barca Fans