Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Porque

It's natural he wants to have another chance here.

We will have to beat that idea out of his head though. And drill in the idea that the best chance he has of that is to go away to a much lesser side (yes lesser than Brighton, or rather the perception of Brighton at the beginning of 23/24) and get things on track again.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Mentally it's all there, physically it's not

Can he still be a valuable asset without that burst? I think he can but must adapt his game to play in midfield

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
in midfield?? lol
It’s the only way I could see it happen because he is great right around the box but he lacks the technical ability to be a possession ball carrier or incisive interior nor the burst to be effective in wide areas - he can only adapt to a SS or false 9 role in midfield

For this Barca team, he has no place in the squad so his loan always equated to an exit for me, Xavi staying or not

The medial meniscus injury killed his career, a freak accident compounded by poor management & recovery. The mental part is there, he has great instincts but I think he probably has had his confidence dinged due to his body being unable to do what his brain wants it to - I thought maybe he could recover enough of it to be effective there but clear he has to have very special circumstances to thrive in an attacking role now

Devils

He's absolutely finished.

It's a shame because at 17/18 year old Ansu was an elite level talent.

Unfortunately, not even a teenager can overcome as many terrible injuries as this guy had. He'll end up at some lower la liga mid-table club and hopefully have some success there. It's really the only way for him to salvage his career at this point.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He's absolutely finished.

It's a shame because at 17/18 year old Ansu was an elite level talent.

Unfortunately, not even a teenager can overcome as many terrible injuries as this guy had. He'll end up at some lower la liga mid-table club and hopefully have some success there. It's really the only way for him to salvage his career at this point.
He has to come to that conclusion himself: lower-table LL, mid-table Portugal or maybe Germany... Some ague that the mental part is still there, but imo his body language screams that he's kind of given up even if he doesn't realize it himself. Him "fighting" for place in FCB, nah never going to happen.

BJJ

The club really fucked up with Ansu. Criminal really. Even when we have talents we manage to screw them up. Than we go and buy Roque with money we don't have.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The club really fucked up with Ansu. Criminal really. Even when we have talents we manage to screw them up. Than we go and buy Roque with money we don't have.
And Ansu is better even than Rouque. Yeah that was such a fucked up move, we should have just kept Ansu and saved 40M for Nico (and than try to ship Torres)...

Home of Barca Fans