Andrea Pirlo

spark

Damn, Pirlo + Xavi in the same midfield with Iniesta on the wing...
What could have been.
We'd have never bought Cesc. Thiago would be much more integrated in the team, we wouldn't have spent so much money on Sanchez...

You must be new to the Barca Cesc saga :pep:

XaviMessiGirl

He is also addicted to play-station playing 5 times more games than in real life.

He plays FIFA with Nesta, they were playing with each other & discussed leaving Milan.

Excerpt which I've roughly translated:
I immediately compared with Alessandro Nesta, friend & brother, teammate, and always roommate. Between the first & second half of one of our many matches on the PlayStation, I confessed "Sandrino, I would go (leave Milan)."
He was not surprised: "I'm very sorry, but it is the right choice."

And that ESPN article someone posted above, apparently they both play as Barca :D Haven't read that myself, yet.

Stric

That article makes me want to cry. And to think that Milan dumped him just a year later... What a shame. I'm also surprised to see how positive Pirlo was about joining Barcelona. Great article.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
He was offered a one year contract, but wanted more. That's how it rolls in milan for players over 30 now. His form didn't warrant anymore, although there were more issues as a team, Allegri wanted to use Pirlo as a LCM & the more secure Van bommel behind him, Pirlo as good as he is, can sometimes be a liability playing in that position. He also was injured for a while & Seedorf came in as the LCM & performed better so was rightfully not dropped & Pirlo sat on the bench for a while. It was his decision to move on & he went for free. If Barcelona really wanted him, they could've signed him for nothing.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
I bet your ass they chose Milan on Fifa 08/09, they were the tits.

Actually, he mentions always picking Eto'o first when he plays as Barca. Clearly that means the latest game he could possible be talking about would be FIFA 09 because from 10 onwards Eto'o wasn't in Barca.

But I know what you're talking about though, Kaka was unstoppable on the game.

XaviMessiGirl

Actually, he mentions always picking Eto'o first when he plays as Barca. Clearly that means the latest game he could possible be talking about would be FIFA 09 because from 10 onwards Eto'o wasn't in Barca.

But I know what you're talking about though, Kaka was unstoppable on the game.

He says "il primo giocatore che prendevo era Samuel Eto'o". "Prendere" can mean "to buy", so I think he would buy Eto'o & put him back on his Barca. It also would not make sense that he would have Eto'o and Nesta did not, if they were both playing as Barca while Eto'o was still there :p

Anyway, working on translating the entire chapter about Barca/potential transfer, will maybe have it up here tonight but if not then probably tomorrow. Not sure how long it will take me, already been at it for a while :lol: Wish my Italian was better.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He says "il primo giocatore che prendevo era Samuel Eto'o". "Prendere" can mean "to buy", so I think he would buy Eto'o & put him back on his Barca. It also would not make sense that he would have Eto'o and Nesta did not, if they were both playing as Barca while Eto'o was still there :p

Oh ok. But the bolded part is not said anywhere on the article though. Also, can it also mean "to take"? Because that's what is said on the article. I just assumed it meant he would first try to select Eto'o and run with him because he was the fastest.

Anyway, working on translating the entire chapter about Barca/potential transfer, will maybe have it up here tonight but if not then probably tomorrow. Not sure how long it will take me, already been at it for a while :lol: Wish my Italian was better.

This would be awesome.

Home of Barca Fans