Andrea Pirlo

Irish_Cules

Why would anybody make up something about that about Pirlo? It's horrible to make it up about anyone but who doesn't like Pirlo? :(

Garrus

I read on some site, That in his biography(soon to be released), He said that milan's goodbye gift to him after 10 years, Was a pen!

XaviMessiGirl

In other news, Gazzetta published some excerpts from Pirlo's autobiography. Called "Penso quindi gioco" = "I think therefore I play."

Some of the highlights - when he left Milan, Galliani's parting gift to him was a pen. "Beautiful, but still only a pen" and he now refers to Galliani as "Signor Bic". Galliani joked & asked him not to use it to sign his Juve contract.

Before he joined Juve he was approached by Leonardo to return to Inter, but he turned it down out of respect for Milan. Later he was approached by Roma but he wasn't convinced by the American owners.

He talked about Conte & how he was able to create a winning team, his charisma, even compared him to Sacchi. Also says he regrets choosing the space near the door in the Juve dressing room (next to Buffon) because at HT Conte comes in and throws stuff like water bottles, even when they're winning.

Also, apparently Matri is a hypochondriac. :lol:

Here's the article: http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squad...i-milan-conte-no-barca-real-20265041171.shtml

I kind of really want to read the whole book, actually sounds like Pirlo has a good sense of humor.

XaviMessiGirl

Went ahead and pre-ordered his book (after some clever deception on my part, TECHNICALLY it's not available to American customers... oops).

Doesn't come out til the 30th, but does anyone seriously want me to post anything about it (stuff I find interesting or maybe amusing)? My Italian isn't that great so it will probably take me a while to get through it, but I know there are a few Pirlo fans here so I thought I'd ask. But not going to bother if nobody cares :p

F

Flavia

Barcastuff
Andrea Pirlo (Juventus): "Guardiola tried to convince me to join Barcelona in 2011, but Berlusconi (Milan owner) blocked it." [via sport]

Oh, if that had happened... Sigh.

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah, he wrote about that in his book (which I received this morning). I'll expand on it when I get to that part. He also came close to joining Madrid in 2006 I think.

Theconomist

Damn, Pirlo + Xavi in the same midfield with Iniesta on the wing...
What could have been.
We'd have never bought Cesc. Thiago would be much more integrated in the team, we wouldn't have spent so much money on Sanchez...

Kerrybai

From his book apparently he describes being played on the left of midfield rather than his usual central midfield position by AC Milan manager Massimiliano Allegri, 'I still thought I could give my best there. A fish breathes when it is in deep water. It makes do when near the surface, but it’s not the same thing.'

He is also addicted to play-station playing 5 times more games than in real life.

Home of Barca Fans