Andrea Pirlo

M

mitkoa7x

Pirlo will get 5th place at the ballon d'or imo. Im not saying he doesnt deserve recognition but he's not better than the other top 3 contenders. As much as I hate Cristina I think she deserves to be in the top 5, but ofc im biased as fuck and I would put our trio in the short list :D

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pirlo should have been player of the Euro. Iniesta is our guy but Pirlo played with a worse team and still looked better.

P

PhilS

Pirlo is not just what he does on the field, it's how he does it. The guy is mesmerizing. He just does the right thing almost always, like illustrations from the book, "How to Play Midfield and Run the Team".

footyfan

Calma, calma
I think the hate on Ronaldo is unwarranted. He has to be in the top 3. Scored 60 goals, won the league with record points with many wins that can be attributed just to him (eg. against Atletico). He scored against every team in the league. Reached CL semi-finals just like Barca, lost on penalties. Lost to eventual winners Spain on penalties. I don't think you can put Pirlo instead of him, that's just wrong.

In my opinion, it will be Messi (winner undoubtedly), Ronaldo, Iniesta. The only who is undeserving of the current Ballon D'Or hype is Casillas.

Last edited:

Meitux

I think the hate on Ronaldo is unwarranted. He has to be in the top 3. Scored 60 goals, won the league with record points with many wins that can be attributed just to him (eg. against Atletico). He scored against every team in the league. Reached CL semi-finals just like Barca, lost on penalties. Lost to eventual winners Spain on penalties. I don't think you can put Pirlo instead of him, that's just wrong.

In my opinion, it should be Messi (winner undoubtedly), Ronaldo, Iniesta. The only who is undeserving of the current Ballon D'Or hype is Casillas.
goalkeepers and bullshit for me admirable is to remember that the only defender who got it is cannavaro and its hard to play in this position and take it

XaviMessiGirl

Andrea Pirlo is hoping to have an excuse to swap his luscious locks for a Mario Balotelli-style Mohican at the end of the season.

The Juventus midfielder is famed for his carefully-styled barnet and would not consider trading it in for his Italy team-mate's bonkers haircut in normal circumstances.

He has, however, pledged to do exactly that to celebrate, should the Bianconeri triumph in the Champions League.

Pirlo told Tuttosport: 'Winning the Champions League would be a dream come true for me, the club and my team-mates.

'If it were to happen... I'd get a Mohican haircut like Balotelli!'

uhh.. someone knock Juve out of the CL, and FAST. Not the hair :(

M

mitkoa7x

Would be awesome to see Pirlo rip his hair off after losing at Wembley against us.

Juve get a place in pot 1 right?

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Pirlo on Ballon d’Or, future and his beard
By Football Italia staff

Juventus playmaker Andrea Pirlo has spoken to ********** about a variety of subjects – including the Golden Ball, his contract situation, his heir and his beard.

Pirlo was a contender to win the 2012 Ballon d’Or after his stunning year for club and country, but he didn’t make the final three-man shortlist.

“It’s right that they give the Golden Ball to players who score 80 goals a season, like Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, or Iniesta. I’ll just settle for a placing.”

Pirlo joined the Old Lady in the summer of 2011 after his contract at Milan expired, but how long will he remain in Turin?

“I’m in no rush to negotiate a renewal,” he said. “I’ll just dedicate myself to what I enjoy – training and playing.

“Let’s see how things are when my contract has expired. I still have a year and a half left on my agreement.”

Pirlo got his Bianconeri career off to a winning start as they instantly won the Scudetto, but the cloud of suspicion which hangs over his club annoys him.

“I admit that it is difficult to deal with the controversies.

“After Calciopoli, everyone thinks that there is something else behind our successes. In reality, we know that our victories are down to sacrifice and application. But it hurts to hear certain discussions.

“The Juve jersey? I’d prefer a third star on the shirt rather than the 30 sul campo sentence.”

Pirlo had his struggles at the start of this campaign, but the man who is always paid close attention insists he’s now in great shape.

“I needed to train hard at the start of the season, but now I am ready to face game after game,” he continued.

“The opposition? I’ve been man-marked for 10 years and I’m not even a Trequartista…”

Juve’s season has also been complicated by the touchline ban handed to boss Antonio Conte, even if he’ll be back on December 9.

“We miss Conte a lot, especially at half-time. He has the right words for everyone, he can change the outcome of a game with his tactical adjustments.”

Pirlo was also asked for his opinion on Italy and Paris Saint-Germain youngster Marco Verratti, as well as young Juve teammate Paul Pogba.

“Verratti has similar characteristics to me and he’s really good, but give him time to grow and make mistakes in peace. I consider him to be the continuation of myself.

“Pogba is hard, physically strong and good at getting into scoring situations. He reminds me of Patrick Vieira, but he is still young and he knows that he must improve.”

The 33-year-old was also asked what his beard was all about. “It wasn’t bothering me in the summer so I let it grow. Now I don’t waste time shaving…”

Home of Barca Fans