Andrea Pirlo

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Where was this guy in the Fifa XI?

I studied the XI long and hard into the night and maybe my eyes decieve me but i keep seeing Xabi Alonso in the line up, maybe i need to lay off the marijuana for a while

A

Athletic

still don't understand how he was behind iniesta, xavi and the other crap for ballon d'or either

XaviMessiGirl

^ Did you just lump Iniesta and Xavi with "other crap"? :lol:

But yeah, no idea why Pirlo did not make it, I guess because it would have ruined the "La Liga XI".

Ode to Django

I think Iniesta deserved his place, Xavi as much as i love the man did not. It is a farce he wasn't in the top 3 but i've learned these awards are a bit of a joke as the years have gone by so nothing much suprises me.

Execept for the fact he wasn't included in the XI, i mean come the fuck on.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Xavi deserved it easily, I would say it more so than Iniesta. Iniesta, imo, only truly came alive to become that terrifying Don Andres we're currently seeing, in the Euros; the first half of 2012, he wasn't near that scintillating form he possesses right now. Xavi just brings such a frightening consistency to the table, always dominating the midfield; his pass statistics are off the charts, his vision is unparalleled and his general work rate is absolutely superb. But I do agree that Pirlo deserved it over Alonso.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Xavi deserved it easily, I would say it more so than Iniesta. Iniesta, imo, only truly came alive to become that terrifying Don Andres we're currently seeing, in the Euros; the first half of 2012, he wasn't near that scintillating form he possesses right now. Xavi just brings such a frightening consistency to the table, always dominating the midfield; his pass statistics are off the charts, his vision is unparalleled and his general work rate is absolutely superb. But I do agree that Pirlo deserved it over Alonso.

Well Pirlo was better than Alonso but you can't expect the list to be perfect. The only ones they got wrong were Pique, Alonso, Alves, and Marcelo. There was somewhat of a La Liga bias, i'm not going to lie there. But it's not as if all of the inclusions were horrible because most were correct.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Don´t forget it was the player who voted. 50 000 players.
It was not FIFA.

Galning

Fifpro is a joke. Its shocking that a 12 year old can come up with a more accurate list than that trash

That trash = all professional football players.
I find it funny how EPL fanboys (mostly) blame FIFA for their bias when in reality it's the players who vote..including EPL and Serie A players.

Ode to Django

Casillas/Cech
Lahm...Hummels...Ramos....Ashley cole
Xavi...Pirlo...Iniesta
Messi...Falcao...Ronaldo

I'd go along with this definately, how Cole isn't there is insane. I'd probably pick Buffon over both Cech/Casillas. Ramos i'm not 100% on but he won La Liga/Euro's but i wouldn't say he was outstanding.

Cule4life

The Culest
That trash = all professional football players.
I find it funny how EPL fanboys (mostly) blame FIFA for their bias when in reality it's the players who vote..including EPL and Serie A players.

I assure you im not a EPL fanboy. I like La liga more than Epl
If you read carefully i didn't blame FIFA anywhere for this list. Im a knowledgeable guy and know how Fifpro is selected. I dont know what went wrong in the voting but that list is crap
And are you seriously defending that Fifpro lineup?

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
I'd go along with this definately, how Cole isn't there is insane. I'd probably pick Buffon over both Cech/Casillas. Ramos i'm not 100% on but he won La Liga/Euro's but i wouldn't say he was outstanding.

Yeah i am sceptical on Ramos too. I didnt want to include too many variables in the list but this is the whole list in my opinion. I dont agree with you on buffon though.

Casillas/Cech
Lahm...Hummels...T Silva/Ramos....Ashley cole
Xavi...Pirlo...Iniesta
Messi...Falcao/Van persie...Ronaldo

T silva is better i think but he plays in the french league so you can see why he would be overlooked.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans