Andre Schürrle

EdmondDantes

He's a nice lad, I think he and bale are very similar. No football brain, sub-par technique, cone visioned, but pace in a straight line and the occasional shot from outside the box. Both not fond of pressing and poor off the ball more often than not. Although Schurrle tends to be a great super sub against tired defenses.

Didn't it take de Bruyne a while to get going at Wolfsburg though? Maybe Andre will find his feet next season.

Rahj

so, in this vid the interviewer was told that schürrle was a pro gamer and he plays along for a while. :D

Last edited:

Rahj

just found this:

Complete translation:

Host: I'm a little bit nervous, because five minutes ago Gunnar told me:"You have to do this Interview. That is a really good e-sports player from Call of Duty." and gave me a Wikipedia article to prepare. So I can welcome Christian Chmiel. He was the winner of the 2008 ESL-Pro Series, took a break and is now since 2011 back. Hello Christian.

Schürrle: Hi, nice to be here.

Host: I'm surprised that you speak German. In my article it say you are from England. But after the "Hi" came a "Wie geht's", and i was like hey he speaks German.

Schürrle: Yes, my mother is from Germany and my father is from England, so you do learn a bit, but that is probably not in the article.

Host: So you grow up bilingual.

Host:: So, I'm of course good informed and have a few questions: Do you think Denial deserved to win over Revenge at the Championship?

(Schürrle is laughing)

Schürrle: Again?

Host: Ok, Den.. (Schürrle is laughing) Why are you laughing?

Schürrle: I don't know..

Host: Where you at that tournament?

Schürrle: Well, I did play against hi ma few times, but I always won, so

Host: So they are just no names for you are to good.

Schürrle: Exactly, and you have to have some self-confidence. They have not a chance against me.

Host: But at the tournament: Do you think Denial deserved to win against Revenge?

Schürrle: Yes of course, I think it was a good ga.. (starts laughing)

Host: Why is everybody laughing? Are you dumb? (to Schürrle) You of course not, but everybody else...

Schürrle: I think we have to clear up something. (points to the article) That's not me.

Host: Gunnar(Guy who gave her the wikipedia article) do you want to tell me something? And who is Christian Chmiel then? [ At 2:00 ]

(Schürrle takes the wikipedia article)

Host: Please, read who you are supposed to be.

Schürrle:(reads) He is an e-sports player. He won five times the Championship in the game Counter Strike. Yes, that's definitely not me

Host: Ok, but whats with the 9th January. Is this really your birthday?

Schürrle: Ähm, no.

Host: What a shame, that's my birthday. I thought that would be cool. Shit.

Host: Well, you probably did not play in the clan "Moussports", right?

Host: OK, let me ask you than: Who are you?

Schürrle: I'm a football player. National team Germany, Andre Schürrle.

(Gives him her hand)

Host: Hi, nice to meet you Andre. (laughing)

Schürrle: Nice to meet you, too. (laughing)

Host: Then let's just apply my Call of Duty questions to football. [ At 3:00 ]

Host: The actual first questions would be, which rank did you have in the last MLG-Championship, so how where you ranked in your last competitions?

Schürrle: We were runner-ups...

Host: in?

Schürrle: ..in the Bundesliga.

Host: That is pretty good!

Schürrle: Really good. Then we won the Pokal. So we had a pretty good season, that was nice.

Host: And you said that you where in the national team. What did you won lastly there?

(Everybody is laughing)

Host:(to the people behind the camera) Come on, I thought that would be a interview about the game [The Interview takes place on a Call of Duty lunch event]. Do you think I know anything about football?

Schürrle: You don't know?

Host: No, not at all.

Schürrle:I've been told we gonna make a interview about football.

Host: I've been told we gonna talk about Call of Duty...

Schürrle: We won the world cup with the national team.

Host: Oh, right, I think I actually watched that.

Schürrle: That did you saw, right?. We won that.

[..]

Host: Ok, second question, are you rather the "objective" or the "slayer"? OK, let me explain: Objective is the player who take flags and plant bombs. Slayer is the player who is rather in rage-mode and kills everybody. [ At 4:08 ]

Schürrle: I'm rather the slayer. Just wandering around plating bombs is not my thing, you have to be in the game.

Host: So, what do you play? So for me, everybody watching probably knows it already.

Schürrle: What I play? Football.

Host: Yes but where. There are positions, right? like to slayer or objective?

Schürrle: Not quite.

Host: But, do you have a favorite position?

Schürrle: Oh, I see, yeah I like to play as striker. The one who scores the goals. Like the slayer, who gets trough the defense and scores the goals.

Host: Ok, last question, i have so many football-quas... (laughing) After that world cup question I better not gonna ask you more about football. [ At 5:00 ]

Host: (To the people behind the camera): Should I ask a easy or complex question? Easy? Ok.

Host: Who do you think gonna win the next Championship.

(Schürrle looks confused)

Host: In football.

Schürrle: Oh, in football. Ok. Would be nice if we would win that, but it is difficult.

Host: In what team do you play?

Schürrle: Wolfsburg.

Host: Vfl Wolfsburg?

Schürrle:(surprised) Yes, right.

Host: I do know that from radio.

Schürrle: Yes, it would be nice if we would win, but there are enough other teams who would also like to win.

Host: Now, I of course hope you going to win.

Schürrle: Very good, one fan more.

Host: Yes, that was Andre, right?

Schürrle: Yes, not Christian.

Host: Fuck you Gunnar. (to Schürrle) Do you want to say good bye?

Schürrle: Shure, ciao.

Last edited:

Yannik

[tw]756444531554418688[/tw]

When Andre Schürrle is your clubs historical record spending (30m).. :facepalm:

xavisionary

watch

His goal against Burnely is still in my humble opinion of the best PL goals ever.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He was very disappointing at Wolfsburg, strange approach to the transfer season after their departures

Nucky

He was very disappointing at Wolfsburg, strange approach to the transfer season after their departures

Not really.. They've actually sign some promising players.. Maybe not next season but BVB will be strong in the future..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not really.. They've actually sign some promising players.. Maybe not next season but BVB will be strong in the future..

They scout well and develop players like everyone knows, I was speaking more to making up for the losses they've suffered. You can't replace key elements like Gundogan, Henrikh & Hummels with a Schurrle. We'll see if Tuchel can resurrect his career and play but he's a very disappointing player - not good enough for Dortmund, IMO. They will do well simply because they have depth & a great program but they have taken a big step back. Won't even get started on Mario's cowardly return

They'll recover of course but not in the short term.

They scout well and develop players like everyone knows, I was speaking more to making up for the losses they've suffered. You can't replace key elements like Gundogan, Henrikh & Hummels with a Schurrle. We'll see if Tuchel can resurrect his career and play but he's a very disappointing player - not good enough for Dortmund, IMO. They will do well simply because they have depth & a great program but they have taken a big step back. Won't even get started on Mario's cowardly return

They'll recover of course but not in the short term.
What a load of nonsense.

Yes, they have lost Mkhitaryan, but they got Dembele, Götze and Schürrle on the other side + Mor seems very talented too. I personally would prefer Dembele alone to Miki. Götze has played much better than Miki too, then Tuchel came and made a world beater out of that previous joke of a player. Should be an easier job to get Götze functioning again. Schürrle is again a complete different player with strengths in pace and finishing and useful for special circumstances,

Aubameyang, Reus, Götze, Dembele, Schürrle, Mor, Pulisic

Thats just impressive and full of potential..very versatile bunch offering different qualities.

Then the midfield and replacing Gündogan. The same Gündogan who has been injured plenty of times and was not able to reach his pre-back-injury level again. I still rate him and he is class, but he hasnt shown it very often the last years. His successor was already bought last season with Castro and most people who follow Dortmund would agree, that he hasnt been worse than him..more the opposite. They added Rode, who has never disappointed at Bayern and who can be described as a Vidal light and Dortmund was missing a player like him in midfield. Cannot judge Merino, but he was playing good the last games relegation..maybe u guys can tell me more about him.

They bought a great LB with Guerreiro and with Schmelzet together that position is not a weakness anymore. Losing Hummels is a big blow and Bartra cannot replace him, but I m interested to see what he is capable of and think he could surprise some people. If they r getting their main target Toprak this year instead of triggering the 12m€ clause next summerm then they have done great in defense too.

In summary I would say Dortmund have done amazing business until now and they r not finished yet.

Home of Barca Fans