Alessandro Nesta

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
You know what? Samuel is what Argentina needs, as did Lucio prove to winning the World Cup for Brazil. Idiotic/shit defending sickens more than what these two thugs do, at least they try and are bosses.

Say what you will about them, they have pushed their luck as far as anyone could and they were successful at it. It is not like they are not good at defending either, they are, excellent defenders too. It is just that they are bit...how would you say? Ah...cavemanly. Very dependable.

well Lucio was a boss for Brazil in 2002 and 2006 (in '06 he committed 1 foul all tournament and it wasn't even a foul, sadly it resulted in the free-kick that knocked Brazil out), but when he went to Inter he wasn't at his best for Bayern. at Inter he found a new lease of life because he picked up very quickly on Samuel and Cordoba's routine of being an absolute dick and fouling your opponent repeatedly.

the thing is if Lucio had been fouling all along then it wouldn't be so bad, tbh, because you could respect that as just part of his game (Vidic & Badger have that in them). but he used to be such a smooth defender, such an absolute boss of a CB, that seeing him reduced to an aged version of Pepe is just tragic.

Samuel's always been a slow cunt. fuck him. although he was brilliant for Real. :lol:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I knew you'd bring up Real into this. Except, hardly his fault with no DM in there, he just over committed. So what does that make it now? Samuel, Lucio, Sniejder, Eto'o, Cambiasso, each have a different case of rejection that all ended up in Inter, at the hands of Mourinho, who LOVES this type of emotion and feeling.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I actually thought Lucio was shit until he thugged out. Yeah, he had the skill and was a major attacking force for Bayern, good for him, he was also a liability by being constantly out of position without the bite to balance it out. Mourinho is a dick and all and there's very few players at Inter I'd credit him for making, but if there's anyone Mourinho deserves credit for making a man out of, it's Lucio.

And I hate Lucio.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
:lol:

I basically like all Brazilian wingbacks, even those who play for the dirty Mancs are okay, Luiz, Hulk, Willian, Fred, basically everyone who plays for Vasco, off the top of my head.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I actually have a autographed pictures of (the real) Ronaldo on my wall. I feel dirty because he's in a Madrid jersey, but how the fuck could you not have an autograph of such a legend hung up?

Really, it's impossible to not like Ronaldo. On that Brazilian team I was more a Rivaldo fan, and the 2002 WC haircut is still one of the worst things ever, but the fat bastard was just too complete to not admire.

He probably likes Garrincha... And Zico. Who doesn't love Zico and Socrates?
Socrates :wub:
Actually, all three of those. :wub:

Seriously, I dislike the Brazilian NT both as a fake Argentine and because their bandwagon fans are the worst in international football, I also tend to be prejudice against showboaters, but I'm a lot more objective when it comes to Brazilian players, except for Neymar, than I am for say, English or German players.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Garrincha > Pele

true story

If you were to ask Pele in private that question, he admit that much as well. Fortunate thing for Pele, he was a drunkard and therefore will never be an image of FIFA. Maradona was too recent for FIFA to hide and he is as loud as a motherfucker and everyone saw what he did.

Home of Barca Fans