9 - Robert Lewandowski

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I actually thought he had more decent touches yesterday than in his previous games combined :lol: Held the ball on a few occasions nicely (and blunderred it in others horribly).

Anyway, still not nearly good enough.

he started well but at the end he destroyed some plays because of bad first touch, Xavi should rest him more he cant play every 3 days with 35

Raketa10

If you're supposed to be one of the best strikers, from that distance you finish with whatever you got and you score!
He was few years ago but not anymore. Now he is just a shadow of prime Lewa. That's what you get when you sign a 34y old player.

lucas24

Name one player who has maintained his level or become better after coming here? I'm talking the last three years.
Players coming here and declining seems to be the norm
I agree that he is the most famous name signed by Barca in the last 3 seasons. However, he is a fading star. Signing a 4-year contract with a 34-year-old player is crazy. Bayern offered him a one-year extension and they tried very hard to sign Haaland. They knew exactly the results of Lewa fitness tests or they decided that the guy was "starring" too much? Besides, the German discipline served him better, at Bayern he did what he was supposed to do - he was waiting in the penalty box for chances. Why does he go so deep?

35 min yesterday. Where is Lewa?
felix.png

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I agree that he is the most famous name signed by Barca in the last 3 seasons. However, he is a fading star. Signing a 4-year contract with a 34-year-old player is crazy. Bayern offered him a one-year extension and they tried very hard to sign Haaland. They knew exactly the results of Lewa fitness tests or they decided that the guy was "starring" too much? Besides, the German discipline served him better, at Bayern he did what he was supposed to do - he was waiting in the penalty box for chances. Why does he go so deep?

35 min yesterday. Where is Lewa?
View attachment 9967

He played the pass to Raphi. I agree though he should stay near box and not so deep.

topt

watched Barca game after a long time; Lewa is completely washed up, should be nowhere near starting 11, I guess he did go on vacation to Spain.

JamDav1982

I think he is so slow both he and Xavi realise he cant run in behind.

Teams are then pushing line up to half way as no real threat of pace and rather than try to run in behind they are trying to get him to play that old Firmino role at times when drops, attracts defenders and wide players go into the space.

It actually worked well on the move in that screen shot and Felix should have scored.

Home of Barca Fans