9 - Robert Lewandowski

Jakabor

It might seem like a trivial complaint after his well-taken hattrick. But I'm not a fan of players celebrating away like its all about them. Perhaps I missed it, but never seen him acknowledge his assister even once, which is a stark contrast to Messi, who even during his prime credited his assister before everything else.

Absolutely pathetic post.

Are you for real? Just because he chooses to run alone at first and then celebrate in the huddle afterwards with plenty of acknowledgment to his teammates?

No. You are right. Every player should immediately point at their teammate who assisted them because otherwise how could they possibly be anything other than egoistical and selfish?

Fucking hell.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
t is claimed Lewandowski will earn an incremental increase on his annual wage that he receives from the club. In his first season, the 34-year-old will pick up €10m-a-year due to the club’s financial situation, which has forced them to request several players to reduce their salaries.

In 2023-24, the Pole will then receive a bump in his pay to €13m a season and another rise to €16m for the following campaign, which would be the third year of his four-year contract.

In the final year, Lewandowski will be 37 and Barca retain the option to mutually terminate his deal providing he has played in less than 55 per cent of their matches. His salary will also go down to €13m.

Similar to how much he was getting at Bayern, essentially. So no big increase, good.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He does credit his assiter, just that ot is not the first thing he does... Follow up the group celebrations and you'll he always gives a nod to the assister.

The guy is a beast, regardless... Huge signing

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
he was earning 23 gross at Bayern; it seemed strange to me that he would take a wage reduction like it was first reported.

I read 24m gross, 23, 24 makes little difference, net is around 13m with Germany's top tax bracket of 45%.

Who said he took a pay cut?

Windhook

I'm still boggled how he made the decision to join FC Barcelona. He had everything sports-wise at Bayern. Every year and now winning CL with the Bavarians, you know. Probably felt underappreciated and his ambition to win genuinely the Ballon d'Or, which he deserved in 2020.

He has out of this world finishing, one of a kind in a generation. Watching him at Bayern and now Barca, his passing and dribbling are not that great. He's the target man, could score every game, but still needs a team built around him.

KingLeo10

Barca has the pull.

I don't understand how or why, but our pull is insane. We're pulling players left, right, and centre.

This is a team where the following attacking talents have historically played:

Cruyff
Kubala
Maradona
Romario (his best season in Europe was with us)
Laudrup
R9 (his best season in Europe was with us)
Rivaldo
R10
Messi
Eto'o
Luis Suarez (the vampire)
Luis Suarez (the original)

I'm not even counting the likes of Stoickhov, Neymar, Henry, Villa etc etc. on this list.

Temptation

This is a guy who thrives on being the main man. He doesn't like being second fiddle.

He saw an opportunity to be the star of this young squad and lead the rebuild.

It's a brave and a risky decision especially at 34 but he knows that if he succeeds he'll be known as the player who brought Barca back.

Plus new league, new country. He loves Spain.

Add to that, Barca are a top 3 club in the world and have great PR, media exposure.

So he took on the challenge. An extremely ballsy decision at 34.

jamrock

Barcelona & Real Madrid pull tops everyone else this is known amongst anyone who follows football & among footballers themselves.

jamrock

This is a team where the following attacking talents have historically played:

Cruyff
Kubala
Maradona
Romario (his best season in Europe was with us)
Laudrup
R9 (his best season in Europe was with us)
Rivaldo
R10
Messi
Eto'o
Luis Suarez (the vampire)
Luis Suarez (the original)

I'm not even counting the likes of Stoickhov, Neymar, Henry, Villa etc etc. on this list.

We really should have more CL lol.

Home of Barca Fans