7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

fergus90

He operates on the left, always has done. He is a special player but we bought him because he's Brazilian and established to help the board escape the embarrassment of losing Neymar. He's £150m we could of invested on 1 or 2 world class players in centre midfield if were gonna buy him just to stick him on the right.

Calidad

145M and he can only play in one position ?

Why spend 145m on a player who has excelled in a certain position and system to play him in an familiar position and system?

If the club wanted a RW, then they should have bought a RW, not an atracking midfielder who has made has his name coming in from the left.

Logic.

wisconsincule

He’s gotta play on the left and that’s that. I would prefer for him to start on the bench if Iniesta is going to start. Play Dembele who actually works there. I wonder if Brazil would be better if he didn’t start because it’s the same exact situation.

Raki13

Why spend 145m on a player who has excelled in a certain position and system to play him in an familiar position and system?

If the club wanted a RW, then they should have bought a RW, not an atracking midfielder who has made has his name coming in from the left.

Logic.

Quality always shines through , the guy should look the part anywhere in that midfield. He went missing just like he done plenty of times for Liverpool. Guy is not worth anywhere near the money that was payed for him.

Calidad

Quality always shines through , the guy should look the part anywhere in that midfield. He went missing just like he done plenty of times for Liverpool. Guy is not worth anywhere near the money that was payed for him.

Don’t really agree with the logic of buying a player who has excelled in a certain position, playing him in an alien position and then moaning saying “he should be able to play anywhere!”

I wonder how effective Salah would be left midfield if we bought and played him there next season? Should we also moan at his ineffectiveness, or would it be more logical to play him as a RWF where he has been excellent?

Raki13

Don’t really agree with the logic of buying a player who has excelled in a certain position, playing him in an alien position and then moaning saying “he should be able to play anywhere!”

I wonder how effective Salah would be left midfield if we bought and played him there next season? Should we also moan at his ineffectiveness, or would it be more logical to play him as a RWF where he has been excellent?

For 145m he should be a stand out anywhere in that midfield. In todays game you have to be able to perform in a number of positions especially at Barca. Like i said the guy went missing in plenty Liverpool games just like hes going to do with us. Liverpool are also a far better side without him. Never worth anywhere near the cash we blew on him.

Joan

I have to be honest, I like him, BUT, I still haven't really noticed him with us. He has good stats, he often contributes but when I think of him in our shirt I remember one match, vs. Sevilla, which he played well, and some shots. So, for now, he has the stats but not the game, IMO.

Calidad

For 145m he should be a stand out anywhere in that midfield. In todays game you have to be able to perform in a number of positions especially at Barca. Like i said the guy went missing in plenty Liverpool games just like hes going to do with us. Liverpool are also a far better side without him. Never worth anywhere near the cash we blew on him.

I don’t believe he’s worth anywhere near 145m either.

But I don’t think it’s overly fair to bemoan his performances when he is being played out of position. Surely if that amount of money is spent on a player, you would try to give that player the best possible chance of succeeding by playing him in his favoured position. Currently he’s being shoehorned into and unfamiliar position, not to mention system. Very much a ‘hope for the best’ air about it.

Givenchy

I have to be honest, I like him, BUT, I still haven't really noticed him with us. He has good stats, he often contributes but when I think of him in our shirt I remember one match, vs. Sevilla, which he played well, and some shots. So, for now, he has the stats but not the game, IMO.

its the EV effect imo;

Semedo, Dembele and now Coutinho

all new players and all struggling under the bastard.

Thiago10

Playing Coutinho on the right clearly doesn't get the most out of him. I have absolute confidence that he'll be a monster next season once he gets a solid run of games on the left.

Joan

Of course, you won't get the best out of him playing him on the right, but this was purely bad. He's not new in that position either. Tbf, I'd never leave Iniesta out of the lineup for him so no, he can't play on the left until the season ends.

Home of Barca Fans