7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Coutinho would prefer to stay at 14, would prefer Roberto getting 8 . and probably expect it too

Why? He's a RB that in three years time likely won't even start for this team. If not sooner. It's not the #1 priority right now, but we need a better RB. Whether that will be Semedo or someone else we'll see.

khaled_a_d

Why? He's a RB that in three years time likely won't even start for this team. If not sooner. It's not the #1 priority right now, but we need a better RB. Whether that will be Semedo or someone else we'll see.

La Masia player with long history in the club who played/plays as CM too. Very popular within the squad. I don't think the number will be given to the best player anyway. It would be sort of appreciation for Roberto to get it while it add pressure to Coutinho IMHO

Barca83

Banned
what position do you think EV plans to use him in next season? Midfield seems more logical but I thought EV said he would be used as a forward

Nothanks

La Masia player with long history in the club who played/plays as CM too. Very popular within the squad. I don't think the number will be given to the best player anyway. It would be sort of appreciation for Roberto to get it while it add pressure to Coutinho IMHO

I can see that, not too far fetched.

FCBfan22

what position do you think EV plans to use him in next season? Midfield seems more logical but I thought EV said he would be used as a forward

Midfield is the only option. We don't have any other players for LCM. Unless Denis turns into world-beater (which is unlikely).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
possibly, I think EV rate Dembele higher than what most people think and he will get playing time when he has preseason and healthy.

I cannot see anyone sitting Suarez on the bench, but it would be the best decision for us.

If EV can improve next season and take some positive steps then kudos to him. I hope he learns from his mistakes after the Roma game and is more receptive to rotation and integrating players such as Dembele and Semedo and Alena who will be coming in. I also hope the club supports him by making some good signings.

I'm very skeptical though.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Terrible, and like I’ve said from the start, lacks a ton of pace to play this kind of role. Can’t even utilize his biggest strength from this position. Has anyone thought about how fucking shocking tactics that is from the piece of shit that is Valverde?

ASordidGod

Not a right mid I know, but been so sloppy, offered nothing, and doesn't track back ever. (Yet Demebele neglects to go back once and he gets slaughtered.) Like I say, not blaming Coutinho, not entirely anyway, though I do think he's been poor, I'm blaming the tactics.

Home of Barca Fans