6 - Gavi

Porque

I don't know if it has been said already in this thread, but we will be able to spend 80% of Gavi wage on a replacement until end of season. According to Sport.

If my figures are correct around 5.4m wage cap.

Don't know what quality can realistically be loaned, but if true, that is a sizeable amount of wage space for someone. For example, Guido Rodriguez is supposedly on 1.7m over at Betis.

Andresito

Staff member
Imo there's a difference between playing Gavi in easy games compared to almost being forced to do so due to injuries to Frenkie and Pedri. Gavi been suspended in two games as well.

de la Fuente rotated 9 players in these two games, only Gavi and Le Normand started both. Not saying Gavi could've been saved from this injury but the logical thing when you play two games and have plans on rotating everyone else, you sub off the one player that's going to start the next. Spain were up 3-0 at HT vs Cyprus.
Think coaches take some players for granted. Just because Gavi been fit up until now he's indestructible?

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't know if it has been said already in this thread, but we will be able to spend 80% of Gavi wage on a replacement until end of season. According to Sport.

If my figures are correct around 5.4m wage cap.

Don't know what quality can realistically be loaned, but if true, that is a sizeable amount of wage space for someone. For example, Guido Rodriguez is supposedly on 1.7m over at Betis.
I know this is in place but how does it actually work on books?
You pay the same to both Gavi while he can't walk and the guy you bring in in Jan while it only represents the value of one of them on wage cap calcs?

JamDav1982

Gavi didnt start Barcas game before intl break.

Could well have played a part in Spain starting him both games compared to others.

Andresito

Staff member
You pay the same to both Gavi while he can't walk and the guy you bring in in Jan while it only represents the value of one of them on wage cap calcs?
I think for us to register the new signing we'll have to unregister Gavi, so I guess he won't play even if he miraculously recovers before the season ends.
So we'll still be paying Gavi but it won't affect FFP since he isn't registered.

Guessing.

JamDav1982

You cant unregister players to take them off of FFP they will still count whether registered or not.

Would be too easy for clubs to just not register players to create space if that was the case and still have to pay them which would defeat purposes of the cap.

Porque

I'm not sure on the precise details. It could be a rule that's activated when you receive a long term injury.

It's only until end of season so we couldn't sign anyone that would [potentially] exceed next seasons limit. So a loan.

So just a short term option to replace a long term injury within LaLiga's framework.

JamDav1982

It is probably linked to compensation Barca will get for him being out and being allowed to spend that as not making financial situation any worse for club.

Home of Barca Fans