5 - Carles Puyol

Hydro2oo9

Puyol has been solid in this world cup. He has been overlooked by many in my view and deserves to be on the shortlist for player of the tournament(no defender is on there for some reason), as he has been consistently performing throughout the competition.

Barcafan 2304

Puyol has been solid in this world cup. He has been overlooked by many in my view and deserves to be on the shortlist for player of the tournament(no defender is on there for some reason), as he has been consistently performing throughout the competition.

Maybe mate, I certainly think Pique should. Defenders, who i guess do the thankless 'dirty' stuff, never seem to be looked at for these awards

SeloBarca

Aye, Pique has been epic in this tournament, cleared so many scoring chances, headed away so many crossing into the penalty area, won the almost every duel 1v1 both on ground and in air.

BlaugranaGirl

"Capdevila said they will cut my curls if Spain wins? I don't think he dares. He nor anyone... I think I made things very clear."

:lol: Don't touch The Hair.

Beast

The Observer
He is thinking of International retirement after the WC

Hierro & Del Bosque having a talk with him to convince him to stay as he is very important for the national team both in terms of spirit,leadership and performance .

barca96

i dont think he will make it for the next WC.thats for sure.
but euro2012 is a sure thing.
but defenders last longer but i think he just wants to rest.
he has no competition for the spot

Barcafan 2304

From a purely Barca perspective, I wouldnt mind this. Bow out with hopefully a World Cup winners medal then concentrate solely on Barca.

barca96

another english men trying to talk non sense.
dont ever come back here again!
he should talk about england instead.

Former Barcelona coach Terry Venables believes Carles Puyol is Spain’s weak link ahead of tomorrow's World Cup final against Holland.
"But at times the Barcelona star, 32, and his central defensive partner Gerard Pique do have a penchant for playing more football than they should.

Barcafan 2304

Thats a facet that has contributed to the poor technical feature of the UK game. 'Playing more football then they should'. Christ, thats what the game is! I would rather have centre-backs who are comfortable on the ball and can distribute it well than the archetypal British (and i emphasise British, not just English) centre-half who is purely a 'stopper' with no skill or finesse

barca96

Thats a facet that has contributed to the poor technical feature of the UK game. 'Playing more football then they should'. Christ, thats what the game is! I would rather have centre-backs who are comfortable on the ball and can distribute it well than the archetypal British (and i emphasise British, not just English) centre-half who is purely a 'stopper' with no skill or finesse

haha i think he wants puyol and pique to be like carragher or something. cant really give another example cos i dont want epl. so i dont really know their players.
but they just throw their bodies everywhere.

puyol was checking her out :lol:
the more i look at her, the more she looks like a man. ciara type.

Home of Barca Fans