22 - İlkay Gündoğan

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This should been done more often. Bayern did it recently regarding rumours about Vidal and now this.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dortmund down at home v Hoffenheim and he comes on in the 2nd half and completely changes the game. Some delightful passing and dominating the midfield.

We don't need another midfielder now, but he sure as hell would have been perfect!

DrPepper

How good is he even? Hoffenheim were utterly dominant until he came on and turned the game around. There's no playmaker in Bundesliga even remotely as good or dominant as him.

Dortmund down at home v Hoffenheim and he comes on in the 2nd half and completely changes the game. Some delightful passing and dominating the midfield.

We don't need another midfielder now, but he sure as hell would have been perfect!

I think we do, we have a lot of depth in midfield but apart from Busquets we don't have a player of the same caliber as Xavi/Iniesta who can be expected to play at the same level 3 years from now.

Gundogan would be the ideal long term replacement for Xavi that we've been looking for, and he's already shown with BVB that he can excel playing an uptempo style similar to ours or and he has the necessary qualities to play a more possession heavy style if the need arises.

Yannik

I don't think Gündogan has to prove anything more to show that he's Barca quality. He has everything Barca looks for in a midfielder, a Xavi/Iniesta type of player, has succeeded in counter- and possession-based set-ups, and has shown his quality against great opponents and in big matches on the highest stages and he's absolutely consistent. His spine-injury has fully healed and it doesn't look like it's coming back to him ever again.
And there are so few offers for him. He went incredibly under the radar after his injury, most people still haven't realised that he's back to 2013 form. Everyone is busy with Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang.

Last edited:

Jombi

I like Gundogan, but we dont have money for him. We spent it on Turan and we are not in a financial position to just chuck Turan away like that.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans