22 - İlkay Gündoğan

Butaan4barca

tumblr_ntg4u4PJyk1u38djvo1_250.gif

that gif, mission accomplished :p

SeloBarca

Dont agree on our midfield. We have to many midfielders yes, but their all of the same type.
We have 0 creative playmakers. How many games havent Messi been forced into the midfield to mantle the playmaker role since none of our midfielders can do it?
I think with a player like Gündogan, our game can rise even more.

I would have waited with signing Turan and sell one more midfielder.

serghei

It's always amusing for me when people underrate our midfield just because it ain't that shinny anymore. Barcelona has the stronger midfield in the world.

Dont agree on our midfield. We have to many midfielders yes, but their all of the same type.
We have 0 creative playmakers. How many games havent Messi been forced into the midfield to mantle the playmaker role since none of our midfielders can do it?

Messi hasn't been "forced" into a playmaker role, he's one of the best players in the world at it. That's why he has the freedom to come back, dictate play and thread balls forward. Surely it is a tactic that Lucho exploits.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi hasn't been "forced" into a playmaker role, he's one of the best players in the world at it. That's why he has the freedom to come back, dictate play and thread balls forward. Surely it is a tactic that Lucho exploits.

Yes, but that shouldn't be his full-time job though.

Yannik

Barca's midfield is good yeah, but what would be the problem in signing him? You'd spend probably 50m, that's quite a bit although not astronomical anymore, and he will either succeed and make it into the starting eleven, or not in which case he could be sold again for an equally high amount of money, or even higher. And yeah, if he succeeds than someone will loose his starting position, but so what it would mean Barca upgradedon a position. It's the typical competetive set-up. Some other players might even improve in that constellation, I don't see a lot of contras when signing him.

Co0ter

Messi can drop into the midfield and do whatever he wants because the rest of the midfield is busy busting their ass 99% of the game to allow him to do so.

Co0ter

Barca's midfield is good yeah, but what would be the problem in signing him? You'd spend probably 50m, that's quite a bit although not astronomical anymore, and he will either succeed and make it into the starting eleven, or not in which case he could be sold again for an equally high amount of money, or even higher. And yeah, if he succeeds than someone will loose his starting position, but so what it would mean Barca upgradedon a position. It's the typical competetive set-up. Some other players might even improve in that constellation, I don't see a lot of contras when signing him.

Iniesta and Rakitic are unquestionable starters in Enrique's eyes, that much is obvious. Arda is now experienced depth then we have two youngsters.

The only way Gundogan would be bought would be to replace Arda, and that's not happening imo after half a season.

Yannik

Iniesta and Rakitic are unquestionable starters in Enrique's eyes, that much is obvious. Arda is now experienced depth then we have two youngsters.

The only way Gundogan would be bought would be to replace Arda, and that's not happening imo after half a season.

I say try it out. Rakitic became an unquestionable starter, so can Gündogan, and if it flops, sell him again for an equal amount of money.

Darko

Just play Arda on the wings, simple.

SeloBarca

It's always amusing for me when people underrate our midfield just because it ain't that shinny anymore. Barcelona has the stronger midfield in the world.

Dont agree our midfield is that strong. Remove Iniesta (not counting DM position) and none of the other constellations works that great. It works, but its nothing special.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There's no place for Gundogan period. I do like him as a player but with Arda signing and Rakitic being monster, Iniesta top of his game and Rafinha coming back.. No way. And what about Roberto?

We are crowded in midfield and for wide players we need to look at forwards/scorers as this is how Lucho's system works.

Home of Barca Fans