21 - Frenkie de Jong

Klysmakabouter

FZGwksnUsAAVaC3

Barto, as usual, was braindead to offer him this fortune.

FdJ is stealing a living here. Can anyone defending him explain how he deserves these wages?

We need to sell ASAP if he doesn't agree to cut that shit in half.

This is WITH 2 seasons of deferred salary, this years wage and a pre-agreed loyalty bonus. He earned 3 million in 20/21, 9 million in 21/22.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This is WITH 2 seasons of deferred salary, this years wage and a pre-agreed loyalty bonus. He earned 3 million in 20/21, 9 million in 21/22.

You're right, but players like Frenkie, Lenglet, ter Stegen and Pique went out and negotiated deferrals/extensions themselves whereas the rest of the squad wanted to negotiate collectively with the former board so that everyone was in a united front.

So in that sense there's not much sympathy from me.

He probably had good intentions, but when you make a deal with the devil.......Bartomeu did this knowingly that he would not have to face the repercussions and that the entire burden would be left on his successor. These players let him get away with it.

Klysmakabouter

You're right, but players like Frenkie, Lenglet, ter Stegen and Pique went out and negotiated deferrals/extensions themselves whereas the rest of the squad wanted to negotiate collectively with the former board so that everyone was in a united front.

So in that sense there's not much sympathy from me.

He probably had good intentions, but when you make a deal with the devil.......

Not arguing your point. But it is disingenuous to state that FdJ is the highest paid player with that table I quoted, because he is clearly not (not even close to Busi, Alba and Lewa actually). It is misleading, to say the least.

Last edited:

JohnN

Players are right when trying to earn as much as possible, it's the board that fucked up. Even if his wages aren't an issue, we should try to collect while we can. He only showed a top level for a few games and got overshadowed by 19 year olds.

Falcao

How would he do with Tucheliban ball? I like the prospect at Chelsea just not with that terrorist manager

Think he?d struggle and may want to think what happened to Saul last year. They play a boring system with wingbacks and he?d have to get in ahead of Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante and Gallagher who was excellent last season and will be given a chance this year. Plus they?ve just signed the highly rated kid from Villa who Barca were liked with.

feggydinho

Not arguing your point. But it is disingenuous to state that FdJ is the highest paid player with that table I quoted, because he is clearly not (not even close to Busi, Alba and Lewa actually). It is misleading, to say the least.

It's actually misleading cause I felt his contract made him the highest paid player in Barca, not putting the deferrals into place. I also can't see Auba's high salary there, and it was reported that his salary was going to be massive after earning low wage for his first 6 months. Can't really trust news on salary though

Birdy

Think he?d struggle and may want to think what happened to Saul last year. They play a boring system with wingbacks and he?d have to get in ahead of Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante and Gallagher who was excellent last season and will be given a chance this year. Plus they?ve just signed the highly rated kid from Villa who Barca were liked with.
Who do you guys think Tuchel would bench if Chelsea signs FDJ and would he play DM or CM role there?

At the moment:
Kovasic>>>>>>>>>>> FDJ
Kante>>>>>>FDJ
Jorginho > FDJ

He can play ahead of Gallaher Gilmour or the new kid Chukmweka, but there is no way he plays ahead of any of these 3 in md.

I think Tuchel wants him to play a serious role as a Libero.
3 atb is their default system, they lost players they are about to lose Azpli who plays RCB also.

Besides, it's the only position he can play and be WC, other than the 'free' pivot of a double pivot

Givenchy

I think he'll struggle in the PL, period.

khaled_a_d

At the moment:
Kovasic>>>>>>>>>>> FDJ
Kante>>>>>>FDJ
Jorginho > FDJ

He can play ahead of Gallaher Gilmour or the new kid Chukmweka, but there is no way he plays ahead of any of these 3 in md.

I think Tuchel wants him to play a serious role as a Libero.
3 atb is their default system, they lost players they are about to lose Azpli who plays RCB also.

Besides, it's the only position he can play and be WC, other than the 'free' pivot of a double pivot

Kante & Jorginho contracts expire, Chelsea needs to prepare for their replacement otherwise their current defense situation will be repeated

Home of Barca Fans