21 - Frenkie de Jong

Birdy

Kante & Jorginho contracts expire, Chelsea needs to prepare for their replacement otherwise their current defense situation will be repeated

Yup

I didn't say it doesn't make sense for them to go for him.
And Bohley looks like someone who is into buying for the future.

But, this season 22/23, with Jorginho and Kante still around, he will hardly play as md

Givenchy

According to United fans only a matter of time he moves to them.

Just waiting on the deferred wages to be paid… :coffee:

You are a few days behind actually, the new one is: Barca are trying to sell him to Chelsea to put pressure on United to pay more money on a fee that was already agreed between the clubs despite United not even discussing personal terms with the player, oh and Chelsea will pay the difference in deferred wages.. apparently.

Givenchy

don't think that, we should not overrate PL, its the best league in the world but Real madrid has beaten the top3 last season and showed the difference is not soo big as we thought.

Not overrating it, just a different type of league. He's a 'DM' that goes walk abouts in a league with more physically strong midfielders than we see in La liga, then you have the pace of the PL. I can honestly see him being totally exposed unless he's in a ready built system like City.

ebc_99

There is a good argument that the PL is not the strongest league anyway, Liverpool and Man City aside I don't think the rest is any better than La Liga. Frankie is a really good player but not good enough for Barca right now, it is a pity because he loves the club and he really wants to stay but I think it is better for all parties that he moves on.

fergus90

Does De Jong actually start in the current Chelsea midfield? I’m not sure he does. United he’s going to be playing every minute possible.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Does De Jong actually start in the current Chelsea midfield? I’m not sure he does. United he’s going to be playing every minute possible.

Yeah he does. Kante is injury prone and isn't what he use to be similar with joirginho. He's better than the rest of their options so would still be an upgrade but playing him with kovacic might not work either due to their profiles.

He doesn't really solve a major issue for their squad so the transfer seems weird to me when they have glaring issues in other positions.

Last edited:

Zidane82

There is a good argument that the PL is not the strongest league anyway, Liverpool and Man City aside I don't think the rest is any better than La Liga. Frankie is a really good player but not good enough for Barca right now, it is a pity because he loves the club and he really wants to stay but I think it is better for all parties that he moves on.

Arsenal just beat Sevilla 6:0 or was it 7:0 ?

mc_lovin

The only thing I am invested in this saga is the hope that United (panic) buys Neves for 80m+ :lol: I can get joy out of that.

Zidane82

I think he's downright terrible. Marginally better than what they have.

I also think that Neves is massively overrated !!

He has a good long shot on him and that is it but we are talking 4 goals per season !

He has scored 21 goals in 5 seasons - all competitions

Home of Barca Fans