2012-2013 : What is needed ?

BitByBit

Pereira.jpg

OrangeOpti

Barça
As long as we don't get Neymar, he has skills, I'll give him that, but his attitude is Penaldo 2.0.

I'd like to see more of the youngsters (Tello, Cuenca, Montoya), an Alba and an Eriksen.

BitByBit

What's with the Alba fetish? He's a shit LB. Who cares that he's Catalan when he can't defend. If you really want a Valencia player for LB look at Jeremy Mathieu who's miles better.

OrangeOpti

Barça
Alba has speed, which we need. Furthermore, the dude would be a second Alves but on the second side, how badass would that be?

i_bleed_blaugrana

David Luiz was not all that impressive when he played for Ancelotti either. At barca he will be playing with a high line and not the ultra defensive tactics of Di matteo. He won't be surrounded by the likes of John Terry or Ashley Cole to bail him out. He's good with the ball but most of the Chelsea fans I know don't trust him as a defender either because he is prone to errors esp in high-profile games. I'm not saying he is a bad defender,he's just not good enough to be a Barca player where you are expected to compete for La Liga and the Champions League every year.

And maybe I was a bit harsh in saying that that Pique is a back-up at best but that is how he has performed this season.He doesn't deserve a starting role. And quite frankly ,I feel that some of our defenders have been overrated (with the exception of the likes of Puyol ofcourse) because of the immense work-rate of our forwards,high pressing game and the fact that we usually have atleast 70% of the possession so our defenders really aren't called into question that much. If Pique was playing in a lesser team where he had to do more of the defending I think our preception of him would definitely change. Once again, I'm not saying he's a bad defender but esp after his performances this season we will have to seriously consider if he's starting material any longer.

As for your comparison between Messi and Fabregas..........I just don't see it at all how they are anywhere close

-The main thing with David Luiz is if we signed him and developed him a bit, helped him mature as defender and slowly started to shift him into the starting XI, by the time Puyol hangs up the boots, he would be ready to start. Again, Pique and Puyol should be our go-to, starting CBs in every important game next season. David Luiz would fit in and play against the lesser teams in La Liga. Don't get me wrong, David Luiz has some definite holes in his game but they are holes that can be resolved with good coaching. Again, under the guidance of now Vilanova and Puyol they can help him with his defensive positioning and decision making. He has the technique, vision and athleticism right now but he is raw. With our coaches and the experience he will get under Puyol, I think he has the potential to be an even more complete Defender than Thiago Silva, its just going to take a bit more time to get him to that level.

-With the whole Fabregas thing, I am saying that they are similar in the fact that they both can play as the attacking midfielder who plays in right behind the strikers, like a classic "number 10", trequartista, whatever you wish to call it. Fabregas does this more naturally than Messi. The great thing about Messi is you can put him anywhere on the pitch and he will still work his magic while you can't do that with Cesc, as we have seen this season. So, in order to get Cesc playing to his best potential, that is why I suggest we moved Cesc in that role while Messi plays on the RW.

-Pique is world class, one of the best defenders in the world due to him having something you can't teach: poise. He had an off season due mainly to a lack of concentration (whether it has anything to do with Shakira is a pointless debate) but I am confident that he will be more motivated next year and we will see his best form next season.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Strange

Considering the last time Bale had a decent run at LB, he was plain atrocious and was dropped from the squad. He only broke into the squad after they shifted him to LW

Or maybe I am wrong and it was another player

thank you, precisely why we SHOULDN'T get Bale. that an that ridiculous 50 million pound pricetag he has with him

i_bleed_blaugrana

I know nothing about Hulk's character, but I would never object for the potential to say HULK SMASH! after every goal.

Hulk is a fiery guy, can be a bit of a hothead but he HUSTLES and works his ass off. Very similar to Sanchez with his work rate and his ability to hit FIFA 12 like screamers from 32-35 yards out would sufficiently end the parked bus problem but then again, this guy can hit some for far out too: :afellay:

Hulk would be a nice luxury, but he will be really expensive, like 50-60 million euro expensive. I for one think we need to keep our faith in El Guaje. Especially if Spain has a good showing in Euro 2012, he could come back in great form and hopefully he can carry it over to his form with us.

Side note: Every time Spain has won a major international tournament, we have gone on to win the Champions League the following year. For the sake of Barca, lets hope Spain win Euro 2012 :D

LaMessiah

thank you, precisely why we SHOULDN'T get Bale. that an that ridiculous 50 million pound pricetag he has with him
price tag is crazy, but that can be worked down. it's not crazy to think that a guy can update his game, though, he's only 24 or something. he could learn to be an excellent lb who has great attacking abilities, strength and height

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
price tag is crazy, but that can be worked down. it's not crazy to think that a guy can update his game, though, he's only 24 or something. he could learn to be an excellent lb who has great attacking abilities, strength and height

Same can be said about Neymar

Home of Barca Fans