2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

impeh

Hi, its me..
if we play virtually our best squad for the next 2 games and wrap up the league, then rest .. pretty much everyone apart from puyol, abidal, pedro and masch i guess until the final, i think we will win quite comfortably.

We should completely boss the midfield.. and we just played (madrid) a team with better players especially on the counter attack.. (assuming united dont have much of the ball)

We just need to watch out for hernandez.. his positioning is awesome., and giggs.. he showed in the chelsea games that he can still pick out an awsome pass.
I know its a final so anything can happen.. and with rooney, scholes, nani, valencia.. they have alot of quality, but there's no way united have been the best team in the world this year, or even close to it IMO.
But we need to be alot more clinical in front of goal, especially Villa.

Anyone know what the wembley pitch is like? or if they are re-laying it before the final? i havnt been there for a while but it was awful.

Last edited:

Unbiased United

Firstly let me apologise for another Man United fan tainting this FC Bacelona forum with my redness! :D ...but we all have a joint interest for the time being so i thought I'd join the fun! lol.

Reading through this thread many of the Barcelona fans, are really fair, with realistic opinions about both teams, but the odd comment is just ridiculous. I however, watch EVERY single Man U game so let me offer my thoughts.

Barcelona are a great team, and everyone in England respects them as such. It has been a long time since Man U have gone into a game not has favourites, but against Barcelona this is now the case, and I can see why.

A couple of people have mentioned how this United team has no creativity or attacking prowess....are you kidding me! United have been in the most part (especially the last two months) very, very good. Sure we started off the season slowly but even then, we still won game after game. Has Chevo mentioned earlier on this thread our wingers have electric pace, they really do. Valencia is in my opinion as good as any winger in the world, and could easily cause a lot of damage to Barcelona. Our play from front to back has to be amongst the quickest in world football.

United are the top scorers in the EPL, so surely that puts paid to the argument we are boring!!?? Anyone who has watched United reguarly can easily see we play very exciting football. We don't enjoy the type of possesion we used to, but it doesn't make us any less effective.

As a United fan I am worried about meeting Barca in the final, but I also believe they should be worried about us too! I love Messi, but I can honestly say I wouldn't swap him for Rooney, he is the heartbeat of our team and if he plays well United play well, and I think this match could be about who comes out on top between these two players.

Manchester United are top of the PL, and have only dropped two points all season at home. Our defence and keeper are totally faultless. Our wingers are fast and skillful and are strikeforce is deadly. However our weakness this season has been in the middle. Scholes is past it, and hardly plays these days, Carrick is good but not great and the rest are pretty much the same. So Barca definitely have the stronger center midfield, but other than that its too close to call, and in some areas I'd even say we are stronger.

Overall I think its going to be a great game, between two great teams. I love Barcelona's attacking football, I just wish they wouldn't get involved with all the diving, rolling around on the floor play acting and getting in the refs face for every little decision. Lets hope its a fair game of beautiful football.

I think Barca haven't come up against a team with a defence as good as ours this season, and United have'nt come up against a team as good in attack as Barca....should be interesting.

Oh and for people who dont watch United that much, I can promise we wont adopt the same tatics as Madrid. You might have more possesion, but the only way Man U know how to play...is to play to win!

Good luck, may the best team win! :D

gingerless

Manchester United will win. We won two years ago, so we won't win again. The law of averages or murphy or some shit.

lool

with abidal and puyol back we will be fielding the classico manita lineup, this makes me very confident... i just hope it's a great game though, don't mind man u winning as long as they play better

Real Madrid were a more complete team so I am less worried about talent and more concerned about our squad remaining focused for the final. In my opinion, this cup is ours to lose. I hope that doesn't come across as arrogant or undermining to Manu (I watch them every weekend) but it must be said that we are superior to them in just about every position. Our biggest threat is ourselves (focus, injury, etc). Oh and volcanos. Volcanos can totally throw off our shit.

totally :lol::lol:

I don't think there will be ANY problem with staying focused and motivated for this. These guys have probably been dreaming about playing at Wembley....I don't think they will screw this chance up. We have seen what a motivated Barca can do (5-0). Pep knows all too well what this game means. Have faith my friends....we will triumph again.

sort of agree to this, we haven't really had a game where we're truly motivated (except for the classicos but after beating them 5-0 i have questions... also all the chances we missed) anyway, if man u don't park the bus it would be good for us imo

the best

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Our lineup on 2009:

Valdés
Puyol
Touré
Piqué
Busquets
Xavi
Iniesta
Messi
Thierry Henry
Samuel Eto'o

So what's different? No more Toure, Henry and Eto.
Pedro and Villa will be joining Messi upfront and we'll have Alves and Abidal featuring in their first final since they missed the last one due to suspensions.

300px-Barcelona_vs_Man_Utd_2009-05-27.svg.png

I'd say we are slightly stronger than in 2009 while ManUtd is somewhat weaker.

gingerless

united have had an easier road to the final than us, i think they won't be prepared because of this and we have the upper hand here- madrid was a tough team and i think this will help us in the final. who knows, it might be that our players will be exhausted by the classicos

Unbiased United

sort of agree to this, we haven't really had a game where we're truly motivated (except for the classicos but after beating them 5-0 i have questions... also all the chances we missed) anyway, if man u don't park the bus it would be good for us imo

Gingerless,

Sometimes against barca you can't help but 'park the bus' Lol! ....but its not United's way, if all goes to plan I think it will be quite an open attacking game.

gingerless

after watching united games for years i think van der sar is as impressive as casillas, it's hard to beat him from long shot but his weakness is low shot

the old geezer uses an invisible walking stick to save shots i swear

Gingerless,

Sometimes against barca you can't help but 'park the bus' Lol! ....but its not United's way, if all goes to plan I think it will be quite an open attacking game.

not saying they shouldn't do it

XaviMessiGirl

If we wrap up the league soon I think we will have an advantage in that we can stop caring about league results, whereas United might still have to fight for their title until the end, if Chelsea win this weekend.

However nobody should get too overconfident or cocky since that can bite us in the ass later.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, much will depend on Saturday's MatUtd-Chelski. If United wins there, all is over.

G

gosuwashasu

Barca will win for sure.Xavi - Andres - Busi will tottaly own United centre.And yes Real Madrid>Man.United for sure.
I bet on Barca's mentality ,on Barca's players indiviudual skill,on PEP motivation and of course on Leo.
I watch a lot of United games in EPL.Its all about English Football pylosophy.Carrick ,Fletecher OMG - Fresh Meat for Leo and yes that guy Rafael or his brother.If there will be a strategy of putting some presure on that side,it will be great
3-0 or 3-1 for Barca
Visca Barca!!!

Guardian

Firstly let me apologise for another Man United fan tainting this FC Bacelona forum with my redness! :D ...but we all have a joint interest for the time being so i thought I'd join the fun! lol.

Reading through this thread many of the Barcelona fans, are really fair, with realistic opinions about both teams, but the odd comment is just ridiculous. I however, watch EVERY single Man U game so let me offer my thoughts.

Barcelona are a great team, and everyone in England respects them as such. It has been a long time since Man U have gone into a game not has favourites, but against Barcelona this is now the case, and I can see why.

A couple of people have mentioned how this United team has no creativity or attacking prowess....are you kidding me! United have been in the most part (especially the last two months) very, very good. Sure we started off the season slowly but even then, we still won game after game. Has Chevo mentioned earlier on this thread our wingers have electric pace, they really do. Valencia is in my opinion as good as any winger in the world, and could easily cause a lot of damage to Barcelona. Our play from front to back has to be amongst the quickest in world football.

United are the top scorers in the EPL, so surely that puts paid to the argument we are boring!!?? Anyone who has watched United reguarly can easily see we play very exciting football. We don't enjoy the type of possesion we used to, but it doesn't make us any less effective.

As a United fan I am worried about meeting Barca in the final, but I also believe they should be worried about us too! I love Messi, but I can honestly say I wouldn't swap him for Rooney, he is the heartbeat of our team and if he plays well United play well, and I think this match could be about who comes out on top between these two players.

Manchester United are top of the PL, and have only dropped two points all season at home. Our defence and keeper are totally faultless. Our wingers are fast and skillful and are strikeforce is deadly. However our weakness this season has been in the middle. Scholes is past it, and hardly plays these days, Carrick is good but not great and the rest are pretty much the same. So Barca definitely have the stronger center midfield, but other than that its too close to call, and in some areas I'd even say we are stronger.

Overall I think its going to be a great game, between two great teams. I love Barcelona's attacking football, I just wish they wouldn't get involved with all the diving, rolling around on the floor play acting and getting in the refs face for every little decision. Lets hope its a fair game of beautiful football.

I think Barca haven't come up against a team with a defence as good as ours this season, and United have'nt come up against a team as good in attack as Barca....should be interesting.

Oh and for people who dont watch United that much, I can promise we wont adopt the same tatics as Madrid. You might have more possesion, but the only way Man U know how to play...is to play to win!

Good luck, may the best team win! :D

That's a good post. Finally a United fan who hasn't started with accusations of diving and acting.
United have the best defence in Europe and they have advantage in this department. Vidic and Ferdinand is one of best pairs I've seen. Barca's midfield is better, so as you say everything will be decided by the key forwards Messi and Rooney.

Somehow I feel it's England's turn to lift the trophy.

T.I.

Doesnt Rooney flop in big matches? Dont want to offend Man Utd. fans but somehow i feel Manchester wont even score...

Guardian

Our lineup on 2009:

Valdés
Puyol
Touré
Piqué
Busquets
Xavi
Iniesta
Messi
Thierry Henry
Samuel Eto'o

So what's different? No more Toure, Henry and Eto.
Pedro and Villa will be joining Messi upfront and we'll have Alves and Abidal featuring in their first final since they missed the last one due to suspensions.

300px-Barcelona_vs_Man_Utd_2009-05-27.svg.png

I'd say we are slightly stronger than in 2009 while ManUtd is somewhat weaker.

I actually think it's the opposite.
Eto'o and Henry are better than Villa and Pedro as players. Toure is physically stronger than Mascherano and thus he is more suitable in that CB spot.
Eto'o > Villa
Henry > Pedro
Toure > Mascherano

It's only Alves better than Sylvinho. Much better.

----
On the other hand United are not weaker, Ronaldo is missing, but they can use Fletcher (who was banned two years ago), Chicharito, Valencia (better than Park). And sir Alex Ferguson won't repeat his mistakes and he'll exploit all Barca's weaknesses in defence. He has the exact types of players who can make it.

Just my thoughts

Home of Barca Fans