20 - Sergi Roberto

Zangash

Banned
Everton fan here. Is he capable of playing as a No10 or like Iniesta? Obviously not Barca's standard of those players but for us.

For your standards? It's hard to say. My opinion of Everton (And England in general) is so low I think he could walk into your lineup. He originally did play the same role as Iniesta, but on an obviously lower level, so it is possible.

Of course, the odds of him actually leaving are close to nil. He's one of those players that every coach loves, despite not playing very often.

anguy

Everton fan here. Is he capable of playing as a No10 or like Iniesta? Obviously not Barca's standard of those players but for us.

NOT AT ALL! Like I said his greatest weakness is the absolute lack of ability to make good forward pass or throughball. After few games he even lost courage to do that and only passed to the sides and backward. He can play as DM, not likely as CM and almost certainly not as AM. He would have to majorly evolve his game and I highly doubt that.

In other words - no, he is completely different type of player.

Adversus

For your standards? It's hard to say. My opinion of Everton (And England in general) is so low I think he could walk into your lineup. He originally did play the same role as Iniesta, but on an obviously lower level, so it is possible.

Of course, the odds of him actually leaving are close to nil. He's one of those players that every coach loves, despite not playing very often.

Wow we're starting to agree on stuff. First Deulofeu and now this. The end is surely nigh. :rockon:

I definitely don't think Enrique wants him to go especially not before January but he's 23, 24 in February and is it fair to keep him on the bench when there's no hope he will be a regular, even to the degree of Pedro. I also don't think the player will want that and with Turan signed and possibly Pogba he might want to leave.

btw - He's as much a defensive midfielder as Mascherano is a defender. It works for him because Barca play almost entirely in the opposition half and his defensive duties largely consist of him snuffing out the counter attack but it wouldn't work for a team that actually sets up to defend. Him gaining minutes there is doing nothing for his career.

Last edited:

YerMa

Hi guys, another Everton fan here. I've honestly never seen this Sergi Roberto kick a football so couldn't comment on whether he is a promising prospect or not, however it does seem that he is more suited to a Defensive Midfield role, or at a push Central Midfield, but from what I've read from a few people he certainly wouldn't be an Attacking midfielder.

Various people have tried to educate this [MENTION=16811]Adversus[/MENTION] guy about Roberto but he seems reluctant to take anyone elses opinion on board unless they agree with him, he quickly becomes abusive and insulting and the fact that he seeks solace and acceptance from a Barcelona forum is comical given the post he made before he was finally banned from our forum. I wish you guys well for the upcoming season and hope we can benefit greatly from the arrival of Deulofeu.

View attachment 6883

Hi guys, another Everton fan here. I've honestly never seen this Sergi Roberto kick a football so couldn't comment on whether he is a promising prospect or not, however it does seem that he is more suited to a Defensive Midfield role, or at a push Central Midfield, but from what I've read from a few people he certainly wouldn't be an Attacking midfielder.

Various people have tried to educate this [MENTION=16811]Adversus[/MENTION] guy about Roberto but he seems reluctant to take anyone elses opinion on board unless they agree with him, he quickly becomes abusive and insulting and the fact that he seeks solace and acceptance from a Barcelona forum is comical given the post he made before he was finally banned from our forum. I wish you guys well for the upcoming season and hope we can benefit greatly from the arrival of Deulofeu.

View attachment 6883

SHOTS Fired!!!!!

OT: Sergi can play as cm when he's in the mood to be assertive. When he's playing well he's kind of like a destroyer grabs the ball and charges forward. But you won't get a good through ball from him, he'll just give you a nice short pass. Given the space in the epl you may see the long balls he plays as DM from the CM position and he has a wicked shot with either foot(Doesn't really do it often though). He might do it more if he feels more confident plying outside of barca though.

Zangash

Banned

View attachment 6883

What's a bellend? I looked it up on google and it seems derogatory. I sure hope he wasn't talking about me :lol:

Alik

Various people have tried to educate this [MENTION=16811]Adversus[/MENTION] guy about Roberto but he seems reluctant to take anyone elses opinion on board unless they agree with him, he quickly becomes abusive and insulting and the fact that he seeks solace and acceptance from a Barcelona forum is comical given the post he made before he was finally banned from our forum.

What's more comical is you registering just to post this :lol:

Zangash

Banned
Wow we're starting to agree on stuff. First Deulofeu and now this. The end is surely nigh. :rockon:

I definitely don't think Enrique wants him to go especially not before January but he's 23, 24 in February and is it fair to keep him on the bench when there's no hope he will be a regular, even to the degree of Pedro. I also don't think the player will want that and with Turan signed and possibly Pogba he might want to leave.

btw - He's as much a defensive midfielder as Mascherano is a defender. It works for him because Barca play almost entirely in the opposition half and his defensive duties largely consist of him snuffing out the counter attack but it wouldn't work for a team that actually sets up to defend. Him gaining minutes there is doing nothing for his career.

We could stack our midfield to the moon and he wouldn't leave because of competition. His type of personality doesn't give a rat's ass about his career as long as he gets to play for Barca. Bartra is much the same way.

Adversus

View attachment 6883

That's a totally made up post. The problem is that the Everton forum has "forum supporters" who want to impose their viewpoint on everyone. They're the kind of fans that like Naismith and McGeady because they work hard. If it's the same FCBarca on this forum that comes on the GOT forum he can attest to this. I just want to see our club buy good players and for some reason they can't handle that. Sorry to waste your time.

And I'm not permanently banned from that forum. I was temporarily banned for telling the mod to stop allowing them to insult other fans.

Last edited:

Adversus

We could stack our midfield to the moon and he wouldn't leave because of competition. His type of personality doesn't give a rat's ass about his career as long as he gets to play for Barca. Bartra is much the same way.

There were rumours that he was growing tired of not getting game time just before he started getting a few games at CDM although I don't know if that changed anything. I suppose there's no way to know for sure but I agree that it's highly unlikely.

YerMa

That's a totally made up post. The problem is that the Everton forum has "forum supporters" who want to impose their viewpoint on everyone. They're the kind of fans that like Naismith and McGeady because they work hard. If it's the same FCBarca on this forum that comes on the GOT forum he can attest to this. I just want to see our club buy good players and for some reason they can't handle that. Sorry to waste your time.

And I'm not permanently banned from that forum. I was temporarily banned for telling the mod to stop allowing them to insult other fans.

That's some supreme paranoia going on there, are you suggesting some kind of clique is at work?

Anyhow, sorry to slightly derail your discussion guys, interested to see what comes of these rumours over the coming days.

Zatara

It's Chicoazul and Moutsgoat who have created "Yer MA" they have been laughing and joking about it on the alehouse forum. Rather sad but expected from them bullies.

That's why I have them on ignore. Hopefully see you back on GOT when the ban ends

Zangash

Banned
Perhaps we were foolish to think Roberto was only performing well because he was playing at DM. He showed a lot more than I've ever seen from him and he was back at his old CM position, even when Samper was introduced.

I'd like to see him get more minutes at CM so Samper can be the primary DM backup. Roberto will obviously never be starter material here but he looks like he just might become a good rotational player.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
That's some supreme paranoia going on there, are you suggesting some kind of clique is at work?

Anyhow, sorry to slightly derail your discussion guys, interested to see what comes of these rumours over the coming days.

Some good posters there but often very juvenile atmosphere

YerMa

Some good posters there but often very juvenile atmosphere

Sadly you epitomise everything I dislike in a football fan. I understand that as a Barcelona supporter expectations are bound to be high and success is almost a given, however the arrogance you showed and the utter contempt you treated Evertonians with was embarrassing, and then you wonder why you weren't welcomed with open arms?

I notice you haven't been around much since you were shown up over the deal for Deulofeu? Any thoughts on the speculation linking Roberto to Everton?

Home of Barca Fans