19 - Vitor Rawke

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I like him. He's fairly quick and agile/nimble, but most importantly he's incessantly running and pressing for the team. He has that hunger to win the ball. Will also get quite a lot of important interceptions and "lucky" goals thanks to that attitude.

Messi983

I don't mind him not starting, though I really hate that he keeps on playing with Lewy on the field. Really hope he gets more game time going forward.

I think both Roque and Lewa actually benefit playing together.

What I would like to say is there is absolutely zero reason Felix should continue to get minutes ahead of Vitor.

Porque

Roque was fairly atrocious when he started the game at LW the other day though. He benefited today because he got the ball without the press as Mallorca didn't have a deep block at that point In the game.

Should have started the game at CF and got the 60 Guiu got. But atleast gave a positive impression.

behindbrowneyes

Barca have played the likes of Fati, Pedri and Gavi way too much. It has resulted in terrible injuries. Right now, Lamine Yamal is being overplayed as well. Fans complain.

Vitor Roque arrived a few months ago from a completely different league after suffering a long term injury. He has had to get to know his teammates and learn Barca’s methodology. Fans have big expectations. However, he is given time to adapt without the pressure of being a starter. He might be the one talent they are actually utilizing in a good way. Look how Pep Guardiola used Foden and where he is now. Everyone wanted him to play, but he was patient.

You can’t have it both ways. Vitor Roque was bought for the future, not for the present. Every game until the summer is a bonus.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Barca have played the likes of Fati, Pedri and Gavi way too much. It has resulted in terrible injuries. Right now, Lamine Yamal is being overplayed as well. Fans complain.

Vitor Roque arrived a few months ago from a completely different league after suffering a long term injury. He has had to get to know his teammates and learn Barca’s methodology. Fans have big expectations. However, he is given time to adapt without the pressure of being a starter. He might be the one talent they are actually utilizing in a good way. Look how Pep Guardiola used Foden and where he is now. Everyone wanted him to play, but he was patient.

You can’t have it both ways. Vitor Roque was bought for the future, not for the present. Every game until the summer is a bonus.
Ansu got a freak injury during COVID season, not overplayed.

Pedri and Gavi got overplayed and injured by the Spanish NT.

BusiTheKing

I think he's about Braithwaite level. Even when things were working out for him against Mallorca, it just looked unconvincing. Something clearly missing.

Porque

Matey has to work his first touch off in training.

Xavi has his technical biases (hello Eric-Kounde > Araujo initially) but he also has a keen eye for IN-HOUSE talent (note not signing).

He rather quickly decided Cubarsi was the man, Lamine was, kept Fermin. Etc.

If Roque is not playing then he probably just isn't good enough right now in Xavi eyes.

There may be a hint of bias because Xavi wanted that money to be spent on a DMC, but I think majorly it is the first point.

It is what it is. Head up, work hard and play more under the new manager.

BUUUUUUT saying all that. He has a knack of finding goalscoring chances, and it would be worthwhile to rest Lewy a little more in LaLiga, and give Roque more consistently at CF. LaLiga is lost and who knows, you may just need someone who can get into the right position to score in a CL game.

We won a CL because of an excellent action Afellay performed after all, and another one because Larsson came on and changed the attacking dynamic.

mc_lovin

You guys are just way too impatient. Cubarsi wouldn't play first 11 if Busquets was still here for example. Lewy played reasonably well this year, so Roque obviously will only get the scrap minutes.

khaled_a_d

You guys are just way too impatient. Cubarsi wouldn't play first 11 if Busquets was still here for example. Lewy played reasonably well this year, so Roque obviously will only get the scrap minutes.

It is a bit ironic that Lewa stepped up after Roque joined the team. :ROFLMAO:
Most likely it was due to him the kind of guy who turns up later in the season, though.

Home of Barca Fans