16 - Fermín López

FCMessi

the camera showed the the far corner was wide open.

yet he decided to go for the short side with a smaller chance

JamDav1982

Ferran and Fermin were going to more of a threat on break as a 'front two' than Lewa with Gavi at AM..

Strange subs almost like Xavi was going to make no matter how game was going.

Real had already started to dominate physically and push higher up park to try and force way back into game.

Xavi then decides to sit team deeper but takes of the two most mobile attackers to break on Real.

Ferran and Fermin were nothing great in that second half but swapping them for a far less mobile two of Lewa and Gavi made it easier for Real to apply that pressure further up park.

The subs Barca made didnt match the tactics they were trying to play as game went on.

Blanco

I liked how this guy played even before the game against us, but after it i am convinced that he is your best midfield talent. He could be the long term solution for the AM spot for barca. With FDJ he would raise his level even more, because he will be able to recieve the ball between the lines even more often.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I liked how this guy played even before the game against us, but after it i am convinced that he is your best midfield talent. He could be the long term solution for the AM spot for barca. With FDJ he would raise his level even more, because he will be able to recieve the ball between the lines even more often.

Also looks like a SS youth. Hairstyle, relentless. Bet Perez is a fan. He openly said he doesn't like ugly (Vinicius) players wearing Blanco shirt.

Messi983

I really like Fermin but don't know if he will be a long term fixture. Hopefully he can carve out a career like Pedro did.

Talentwise let's see where Xavi can bring him too. Kudos for identifying him, but I think someone like Pep could make Pedri, Fermin and Gavi explode. In that order.

I was just watching this video

and thought about the Pedro comparision before going back in this thread and read your post.

Not the same player position/profile wise ofc and as you said we can only hope he'll make a similar career to Pedro (won't be easy though as I think he was one of the most underrated players in football over last 10-15 years). But has similar background to Pedro. Was never hyped as the next big thing but made a breakthrough with hard work and attitude.

JamDav1982

Pedro was a starter and good player.. probably gets over rated a bit due to team he played in though really but a good player.

I doubt Fermin will be a starter but can be useful for squad if Xavi trusts in to cover a few positions.

behindbrowneyes

I'm guilty of comparing upcoming players with past legends and will stop with that.

With these young players you have to look from game to game. There will be really good ones, there will come bad ones. That's just in the nature once opposing players had the opportunity to get briefed about them based on their first games. This is usually the first crucial step young players need to get past and adapt to. Quite a few manage to get regular minutes for some time but then somehow disappear because they couldn't make a significant impact after that crucial step once opposing players adapted to their strengths and weaknesses. Something that happened to Nico to name a recent example.

What I like about Fermin is that everything he does on the pitch looks quite natural. It's like he is doing things instinctual. I hope tactical instructions won't get too much into his head and he stays that guy who wants to be the end of a chance rather than passing the ball sideways and playing it safe.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
I’m still really upset about Gavi. But I’m not really worried. If Xavi thinks we need another CM instead of a CDM then I’d be worried considering we have Pedri, De Jong, Gundogan and Fermin. I personally think Fermin technically has a higher ceiling than Pedri and Gavi, he can do everything they can but can actually shoot properly anywhere within 30 yards unlike them and is a lot more daring with the ball. Not even nearly as polished as them with the squad yet still shows things they rarely try. Guardiola would make Fermin the most valuable out of the 3 if he was our manager right now in my opinion, hopefully Xavi will now.

Home of Barca Fans