11 - Raphinha

Andresito

Staff member
Nobody probably cares at this point, but could be good to give Yamal some rest.

Raphinha is scheduled to return for the game against Celta Vigo on February 17. @gbsans

JohnN

Yamal already copied rafas trademark cross so I don't really know what the Brazilian can offer except resting yamal.

JamDav1982

Back in training.

As much as think he has to go he is badly needed in squad right now to give Lamine some rest and provide options off the bench.

mc_lovin

Planning season with Lamine as a starter at the age of 17 is gonna backfire badly inb the future tbh.
It looks like the club wants to sell one of Raphina (more likely) or Ferran. And hopefully Lewy, but attack will be paper thin then: Lamine, Roque, Ferran, Guiu(?), Ansu(?)+1 new addition (LW?). With Ferran rotating between Roque and Lamine I imagine.

Will be another very interesting transfer market. Hopefully selling Raphina+Kounde/Christensen gives us a bit of jiggle room. Cancelo (30m?), DM, LW... will be fun :lol:

JamDav1982

Fati in this system would be decent back up if get no decent offers for him.

The LW coming narrower suits him more and he worked well with Balde last season.

But no idea if that is system next coach would want.

Get Nico if any way can as he can play either side and has that pace.

Would guess Raphinha goes and Ferran could also but if get no worthwhile offers he could be renewed to ease FFP a bit.

JamDav1982

Possibly but it depends on how any potential new coach wants to play.

If he wants two touchline wide players then Ferran wont have same impact. It wouldnt fit any of the wide players bar Yamal.

jamrock

It's a new coach so I wouldn't be so sure Torres is off the chopping block.

Deco might think his player can do the business under a different coach.

Xavi was the protector of Torres.

Doesn't matter to me which will get sold though.

Much bigger market for raphinha though.

JamDav1982

Haha Xavi was not 'the protector' of Torres.

Xavi was willing to sell him last summer and Ferran refused to go and said he would change his mind on him.

Both could get sold if right opportunities but the issue is only getting 50/60% of anything sold to invest.

I think one will be sold and one renewed.

Raphinha should have been punted last summer and bigger effort made to keep Dembele but are where we are.

Messi983

Would keep Ferran for his versatility but ofc all depends on offers we'll get. Don't think we can sell both and adequately replace them with FFP limitations though.

Get Nico/Savio and keep Ferran to rotate with Yamal and/or play on the other side. Can also sign Di Maria for example. I know he's 35 but I believe for a season he can still do it. Yamal could also learn a thing or two from him.

JamDav1982

Would keep Ferran for his versatility but ofc all depends on offers we'll get. Don't think we can sell both and adequately replace them with FFP limitations though.

Get Nico/Savio and keep Ferran to rotate with Yamal and/or play on the other side. Can also sign Di Maria for example. I know he's 35 but I believe for a season he can still do it. Yamal could also learn a thing or two from him.

Fermin could go also if any market for him.

Cant play deeper and not nearly as good in final third as likes of Ferran.

Bit of a shame as he gives his all but it is a drop in quality any time he is on pitch near enough.

jamrock

No shot they would have sold raphinha in the summer not after the effort he put in to help us win the league

That's just dumb.

This season he's been in and out of the team, no real ability to gain meaningful momentum

Going into next season deco might try to have his player back, like Xavi had with Torres despite everyone hating on him for much of his time here.

Really only 5-7 safe players going into next season.

Gavi, pedri, mats, gundogan, Araujo, balde, yamal.

Everyone else can go if the price is right.

Ps nothing could have been done to keep Dembele he made his play the moment he renewed his contract.

Home of Barca Fans