10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVBarcaFan

Villa and Pedro helped him. they can make place for Messi.
Tello and Sanchez can't make free place for Messi.

I have to agree. Villa and Pedro create width and space for Messi to flourish. Defenders respect Villa and Pedro more. This gives Messi situations where he can easily dribble past a defender or two and create chances. Unfortunately for us, Tello and Sanchez don't get the same respect from the opposition.

Galning

He didn't even play good (for his standards) and still scores twice. What a phenomenon.
He was also called offside twice (wrongly) one of which he was 1on1 with the keeper.

J

jiopi

He didn't even play good (for his standards) and still scores twice. What a phenomenon.
He was also called offside twice (wrongly) one of which he was 1on1 with the keeper.
Horrible linesmans in this game, multiple offside calls called wrong for both sides. Messi was in that 90+2 offside call about 2 meters onside. :lol:

J

jiopi

Messi is currently projected to score 99 goals in official games for Barcelona and Argentina, for calendar year of 2012.

aki13

Strange day.

Messi was poor by his standards and our expectations.

He was so deep for much of the match and only when Villa and Pedro came on did he step up and win us the game.

It is a problem that Barca rely so much on Messi, the others played better than Messi but couldn't score and so he had to do it himself.

He did play badly, but think about this. He still scored 2 goals to win the game, set up Tello with a chance he should have buried. He was wrongly offside twice and one chance he probably would have scored.

So a bad game 2 goals 1 likely goal and 1 should have beeen assist. Not hideous we just expect to much each game.

aki13

Also remember his dip in form in January last season, when he scored 2 in 4 or 5 games, then set into a run of 18 in 8 or something. Don't assume because Leo has a poor patch, that he has lost it. Leo will be awesome its just a case of when

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He can do better that's for sure... But it amazes how he can create so much football even when he's not having a good day... I expect him to be at his best on wednesday though...

Yannick03

I thought he really was awful but hey what can we say ? This legend scores 2 times and wins the game for us. We all know he always plays on cruise-control till February so I don't expect much improvement in his performances but statisticswise he will be out of this world until February when he turns into godlike. Well when I say godlike it can't be true because after all, he is God.:pep:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Moved down to cm due to our midfielders having a bad day, that's not acceptable when he's the only one who can score

frostdude1

Part of me still says that he is not the best of all time. I still think Ronaldo (Brazil) is the best ever.

BUT ... I don't know if we're ever going to see such a goal scoring machine like Messi ever again. Look at this messageboard .. people are killing him for having a bad game and he had a bad one by his standards against Madrid too ... and yet he scores soooo much. Legend :D

P

Patty2720

Leo has played 23 League matches in 2012, and scored 36 goals.

There are still 15 League matches left.

K

kroki223

Part of me still says that he is not the best of all time. I still think Ronaldo (Brazil) is the best ever.

BUT ... I don't know if we're ever going to see such a goal scoring machine like Messi ever again. Look at this messageboard .. people are killing him for having a bad game and he had a bad one by his standards against Madrid too ... and yet he scores soooo much. Legend :D

I don't think that Ronaldo was better. Messi isn't just a goalscoring machine. Iniesta and messi changed place, that's why he was so deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans