3 - Gerard Pique

Trequartista

The good
he played fairly well.

valencia isolated him brilliantly in the first half, really using that double LB tactic to basically give mathieu a 10 yard running start before piqué got into the frame.

puyol's physical decline is really becoming a problem for our defence. he can pull it together for big games, but in the 80 yards between the boxes he's becoming a liability. we need gabi to maintain fitness, or to promote muniesa/gomez/etc. because we need to replace el capitan sooner rather than later.

He was ok but he is yet to find last season's form that earned him world's best defender reputation,agree about Poyul,really cant see him playing at the top level in the next few years,it will be very hard to replace him though,we will concede more goals from free kicks/Corners,we will miss those tarazanian heroics but I have high hopes for Fontas

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
pep is experimenting with tactics again.

I can never tell if he's trying to give the team a wider array of tactical weapons, or if he's purposefully picking less dynamic formations to stem our the tide of our free-flowing football - meaning that when we do unleash the full-force trident teams get overwhelmed by the awesome (as happened at the back-end of last season).

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
pep is experimenting with tactics again.

I can never tell if he's trying to give the team a wider array of tactical weapons, or if he's purposefully picking less dynamic formations to stem our the tide of our free-flowing football - meaning that when we do unleash the full-force trident teams get overwhelmed by the awesome (as happened at the back-end of last season).

I think in cases like this where the tactics have no serious application it's more the latter. Almost like training in the middle of a game. Arrogant and potentially stupid but as long as we actually take the opposition seriously enough it can pay off when we have legitimate struggles.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
because we were playing 3-3-1-3 for the majority of the game and so puyol and abidal were hybrid FB/CB's.
Thanks, I noticed that only after half an hour or so. I kept on thinking in the usual defense frame asking why the bloody hell they switched. :lol:

Trequartista

The good
because we were playing 3-3-1-3 for the majority of the game and so puyol and abidal were hybrid FB/CB's.

I think Pep tried that formation bec Abidal started ahead of Maxwell/Adriano,Abidal will flop if he plays as a left back in our current formation where Busquetes/Mascherano plays as a third CB

F

Flavia

Weak game tonight. I couldn't believe he lost that ball, thay Puyol saved. Milito or Fontas need to play. He def needs a rest.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he was okay, just terribly overexposed by Dani's forward running and Busquets not having the best game.

he really could have used Badger, tbh.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So it's only a one match ban for Pique then? I think he was going after suspension anyway to be safe for El Clasico.

Home of Barca Fans